Lost is Found

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I often set things down and don't remember where I put them.  I have many pairs of reading glasses because the eye dr. said not to bother with anything but the cheapie ones for my "aging" eyes.  (Not sure if I was happy with that statement or not~!)  Ken often has to help me search for my glasses, keys, coffee cup, purse, book---oh, the list is endless.  Often he helps me search for items he has no real idea of what they are except for my description.  "You know honey--the bobbin case for the 15-91 with the finger at 11 o'clock instead of the one at 1 o'clock".  Hehe, the one that evokes the most response is "Honey--I can't find my needle and I was sewing the binding on while I was in the recliner".  THAT one has him jumping up wildly and whirling around because HE usually sits in that recliner!   But for the last few days I have had my undies in a bunch because I could not find my box of sewing machine needles.  Now, the box is small (maybe 1.5"x1.75") but it had most of 100 needles in it!
   But tonight as I was racking my brain, it dawned on me, I had PUT THEM IN MY FEATHERWEIGHT CASE!!!  


Such a small item to cause such a big fuss in my OCD lifestyle!   I had a nasty time last night sewing, I am going to bed early and read.  (I spent a lot of time doing the RIP IT stitch!)  I don't even trust myself trimming my blocks.  I do have the roast in the crock pot and Ken will put in on when he gets off work.  So goodnight everyone, my world is settled again!

11 comments:

Tins and Treasures said...

Oh, that is so frustrating, isn't it?! I'm glad you found your needles...
...have a good day today. Natalie

Jeanne said...

I'm in the same boat and it often feels like it's sinking. I'll put something in a 'safe' place and it disappears for a few weeks or more. I can have something in my hand one moment and not be able to find it the next. Grrrr.

YankeeQuilter said...

I had to chuckle at this post...my Dh claims I move everything and change where we "keep" it just to confuse him! This from a man who just noticed a new painting over the fireplace...ah it has been there since we moved last October!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Thanks for the rimnder that I should change my needle!

Glad you found your *needle stash* :)

Vicki W said...

Oh good, sleep well!

MightyMom said...

see!! I told you it would be in the last place you looked!!

:-)

Unknown said...

Glad I am not the only one that happens to.

Scrappy-Quilter said...

you sound just like me ... I am so forgetful some times it scares me. glad you found those needles

Teresa said...

So glad you found them! My husband put up a new light in my sewing room 2 weeks ago & I helped put tools away. We are still looking for the screw gun & it's big! Thanks for visiting my blog. Come again soon..

Leah Spencer said...

Any time I lose a needle in my quilting room, I know as soon as my husband walks around, he'll find it! Why is it that I can go for months without finding a sharp thing on the floor? :P

Lori said...

Had laughing with the recliner and needle. I lose a needle or two near my recliner also. My hubby helps look for them too, due to the fact, he has to walk by the chair. mmm the thought of a needle in a foot hurts just thinking about it.