Wednesday Ramblings

Wednesday, January 7, 2009
It's amazing what a few days do! I'm not 100% yet, but I am doing things and want to SEW! Life is good again!

I loaded a quilt yesterday, and I trimmed another round on the courthouse steps quilt. I may try to quilt a bit today. So many options when you're upright!

And I have distressed Ruby the Quilting dog, she had two "burp rags" of Mason's she was keeping track of by laying on, and I picked them up and washed them. Now she's not sure where to lay. No goodies on the floor. The edge of a blanket hung off the couch and she tried to lay her head on that! Poor Ruby.




Ruby is such a quiet dog, she won't pick up anything and move it, just stretch her body out and try to lay on them both. When I am home she is "my" dog, when Ken is home she is "his" dog. And she doesn't care WHO is holding the leash ready to leave--she is "their" dog!!

If we all feel good, we plan to go visit Mason this weekend. And maybe I will peek in a few quilt shops. (Shhhh--don't tell Ken!!)


5 comments:

JuJu said...

Glad you are feeling so much better! Maybe Ruby is missing Mason? Pets can be such a joy, sometimes, lots of work too! Have a safe trip and yes, you can visit the quilts shops!!!

MightyMom said...

did you know I made a quilt just for the cats to lay on? they kept insisting they sit on top of whatever I was working on so I made one for them, they loved it to death the whole time I worked on it...which was a long time cuz I created the quilting myself...cat faces and small mice, took forever!......once it was finished they wouldn't touch it!

maybe I should loan it to Ms Ruby??

MightyMom said...

would love to see you at Thesaurus Thursday 2009.

Katie Z. said...

I'm glad you're doing better! Have fun with your peeking into shops!

Henrietta said...

Ruby is looking so good, she has blossomed. Being a house dog must be heaven for her, remember when we brought her home from the farm?