Tuesday Twitters

Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Cold blustery day here, a good day for staying inside baking and sewing.  

I made Norm's Onion rolls, they are cooling and I haven't sampled them yet, but they smell HEAVENLY!!

 


Last night I was searching in my sewing room for a piece of red Moda Marble, and instead I found these.  Now I've been sitting here scratching my head, I can't remember what I was going to make with them!  There are 48 with print centers, and 7 with white centers. 



I am going to call these my ???? blocks.  Any suggestions what I should do with them?  They are about 8" and are made with 30's reproductions.  


Why was I searching for the red fabric?  I needed it for the centers on my Christmas courthouse steps!  I have the first two strips on and have been trimming them.  I think I will have just enough Christmas fabric left for backing and binding.  Anything else left over will go into scrap boxes!

Then there is a picture of Ken babysitting Mason.   Who is teaching whom here??

I still want to cut out a few Happy Blocks tonight, so I better get to work.

4 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm those rolls look yummy. I love any kind of fresh baked bread.

I guess those mystery blocks are just a nice bonus. Play with them a little & you might just come up with something wonderful. It's frustrating though to find stuff like that & not be able to remember what is was for. Don't ask me who I know.

Vicki H. said...

I love onion rolls, they remind me of my grandmother. She sent me a batch to college once and they made the dorm smell... I found a box of ufo items recently too. I was lucky they were nearly finished knit items, I just have to weave the ends in. Good luck stashbusting this year!!

JuJu said...

Call them "Surprise Blocks"!!! Onion "buns"...hmm... those look eatable! Does Ken know you take pictures of him while he's sleeping? Mason has changed so much already, just too cute!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

MightyMom said...

Looks kinda like Irish chain blocks...eh, throw em all together and see what comes up!