Monday Goals

Monday, December 29, 2008

Today we are winding down from Christmas.  I'm doing laundry, picking up, all those things you do after you have company.  And I'm missing Mason.  But I have a new family picture!  This is Nick, Laura Beth, and Mason when he was six weeks old.  

 
Mason is much bigger now, he smiles and laughs and has found his fingers!  And he sleeps through the night now.  Whew!  We miss him!
I did get a few new things to hang on my walls.   
 
And this one----

 Did I tell you we do white elephant gag gifts for Christmas?  Here is one I picked, my FAVORITE BROTHER IN LAW is modeling it!
 
Now I LIKED this hat, but Ken thought it was ugliest hat he'd ever seen, so it ended up in the gift exchange.  
And my sister the librarian gave Mason a book that plays music and you "sing" the words to the song while you turn the pages.  It was a big hit.
 
 
 
But I better pick some goals for the week.  
 
1.  Work on my courthouse steps blocks
2.  Load a quilt
3.  Pull out a UFO to work on
 
Those will be my goals for this week.  I am looking forward to the New Year, I want to decrease my stash by 100 yards.  I am hoping that I can use up some of those fabrics that have been in the stash for several years.  Last night I put a new blade in the rotary cutter, wow, can I really speed cut now!  I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, and wish you all a Happy New Year!!
 
 
 

5 comments:

JuJu said...

WOW!! Love that family picture!! Now that hat, well, I think I agree with Ken!! LOLOL Glad your family had such a wonderful holiday! Happy Quilting

Stephanie D said...

Oh, what a beautiful picture! And it sounds like a wonderful Christmas!

I think I'm going to jump into this stashbuster thing, too. Goodness knows, if I just put together all the quilts I've got in my head or pulled fabrics for, I'll be down a boo-koodle myself!

MightyMom said...

Yeah, I almost cut my thumb off doing some of that new blade speed cutting one year!

be careful out there!

Tins and Treasures said...

What a nice looking family...that's your daughter, right?
You've motivated me to set some stash-busting goals myself for the new year. We've started with the 'stash' that in our closets!!

YankeeQuilter said...

Don't you love it when you put a new blade on the rotary cutter! I have sorted some of the short pieces into a basket as I unpack and plan on spending New Years day cutting piles of strips!