Monday Goals

Monday, December 1, 2008
Are you tired of leftovers yet? Nah, me neither!! And so this is an appropriate post. What do you do with your leftover binding? I wind mine on a cardboard roll from Christmas wrapping paper. And then when I am making a scrappy quilt, I often go to this roll and put pieces of binding together.
Tonight I was binding a small scrappy quilt, and the binding came from this roll, I just pieced a few blues together.

I have been busy, I machine sewed the bindings on three projects. Unfortunately--only one was mine! So I haven't used much stash. But I am glad the bindings are to the hand sewing part, I can leave them beside my chair and pick them up when I sit for a few minutes.

Goals--Hmmm. I have a pretty full week. I think I will choose.....

1. Hand sew the bindings
2. load another quilt

Not sure when I will see baby Mason next, or when they will be coming to our house. Sigh. I KNOW he is missing his dance partner! Maybe I should memorize some new songs.........maybe learn a few new dance moves.......


5 comments:

Paula said...

Great idea!! I've been saving mine in a drawer. I think a couple of full tubes would be great sewing room decoration! Love it!!

Stephanie D said...

I never thought about that. If I have leftover binding, I usually just iron it open and toss it in a basket, where it might get used in a string quilt or something. This sounds much more practical.

MightyMom said...

left over binding?? who has left over binding?????

so do you mix the bias with the straight bindings??

do you always hand sew the back of the binding or do you ever turn it and machine sew it down?? I've done both.

Katie Z. said...

That looks like fun! I don't that I have much lying around, but the assistant sure would love to unroll all those pretty rolls.

Maureen said...

That is a great idea! I've been saving binding - but it is just piled up in a basket on my book shelf. I'm looking forward to making more scrappy quilts this year and I will definitely have to go to my "binding stash".

Thanks! Maureen
www.ciemianquilts.wordpress.com