Wednesday Ramblings

Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Doesn't seem like I'm getting much done the last few days.  Searched for my brown fabric to make a little more binding for my UFO, but haven't found it yet.   And then I got distracted by some Christmas fabric, I'll let you know if anything comes of THAT!  But today I packaged up my Bricks and Stepping Stones quilt, bet you didn't know I had a home in mind for it quite some time ago. 

This is my brother in law Paul.  See, he is using that quilt already!  He likes quiet evenings reading, and needed this quilt to snuggle with.  He always tells me he is my FAVORITE brother in law!  
Now my poor sister will have to ask Paul to share his quilt, as I haven't made her one.  But, I think he will share.  And while I was at their house, do you know what I saw?  

Yes, another blooming Holiday Cactus!!  I love those peach blossoms.  My sister has quite a green thumb, the backyard is full of flowers and vines and all sorts of plants. Paul is quite the gardener too, he has to dig all the holes!


Lots of errands planned for tomorrow.  Maybe I will find that brown fabric........

9 comments:

Sweet P said...

He looks so comfy under his quilt. The Christmas cactus is fantastic.

pdudgeon said...

i agree, of course he is your favorite brother-in-law!(but you must be his favorite sister-in-law as well.) the quilt turned out beautifully.

love the Christmas cactus.

MightyMom said...

well, the search will be fun!!

Ruthie said...

Looks like the Bricks and Stepping Stones is already well loved!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Here I thought you made a quilt for Santa (a skinny one, but he DOES have a couple more days to fatten up. LOL) He looks very comfy!

Jeanne said...

Paul looks pretty comfy under that wonderful quilt. I've never seen a peach Christmas cactus. It sure is beautiful.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Paul looks comfy under his new quilt! Wgat a pretty Christmas catcus!

Unknown said...

The Christmas cactus is beautiful. Wished mine looked that good.

Tazzie said...

What a fun quilt, it inspires me to go finish mine! Your cactus is adorable, the flowers are so pretty. Have a great weekend.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)