Monday Goals

Monday, May 11, 2009
Not sure what today will bring, it's a bit wet to continue working in the next field, a day or so would be a big difference. Ken can plant the smaller field I got ready yesterday. We may move Annie and I to another field, or we may just wait while Ken plants. But I did take a picture today of Ken, Annie, and Ruby the quilting dog (she loves to ride in the tractors) as Ken was "trying" the next field to see how wet it was. Working it when the ground is this wet makes hard clods as the ground dries out.
Annie isn't a huge tractor, but Ken is 6 foot tall, and that's how tall those wheels are. So imagine me (5'3") hauling myself up those steps! It's NOT easy and I try to stay up there once I'm in there!

If I'm not in the field today I can catch up on all the other jobs I haven't been able to do--dishes, laundry, quilting, binding! (I wanted to bind the other day but my hands were acting up from carpal tunnel and driving the tractor.) My garden isn't tilled and I have tomato plants ready to go in the ground. The washer Ken uses for his everyday clothes isn't draining, I suspect he might have a nail stuck in the drum, but will call the repairman as I can't feel it. There is plenty to keep me busy WITHOUT going to the field!

8 comments:

Sue H said...

I'm enjoying a peek into your life on the farm! My parents were farmers until we moved to the "Big City" when I was 10, and I still feel like a small-town country girl at heart. Hope you can fit in some time for quilting/binding!

Stephanie D said...

6-feet tall tires! I can't even imagine that. Hope you get to do some fun things today.

Brenda said...

Hey - I'm 5'2"!! So, I would need a ladder to get into that tractor!! lol!

I am sorry about your hands, carpel isn't fun..... I do hope you get those tomato's into the ground though... they like to like in the ground better than pots... where mine are right now, and will be for the summer - only much bigger pots!! I don't like having to haul their real homes in and out of the house waiting for it to warm enought to have them outside. Hope you get caught up on some things!!

pdudgeon said...

catching up here too! i was going to get some more plants for my porch today, but the chilly weather dictates otherwise. so i'll stay inside, turn the heater on again (in May!) and make chicken soup for lunch.

Henrietta said...

Annie the anteater!

MightyMom said...

Ruby looks happy!!

Sure beats whining at the door!

Becky said...

I am so enjoying your farm reports. It is so different from my daily routine at school and home. I'm so impressed that you drive a tractor. Hope that you are able to get your garden in some.

Take care!

MightyMom said...

MONDAY!! YOU HAVEN'T POSTED SINCE MONDAY!!!


are you okay?