Sunday Stash Report

Sunday, May 31, 2009
It's a beautiful day, we had a light shower of rain this morning, and now the sun is shining and the birds are singing. We are going to Sioux Falls later to meet with Laura Beth, Mason and Nick--they are there for a wedding. I will get to see Mason and enjoy all their company, at least for a little while.

But on to the stash report. Nothing bought, nothing finished this week, so I'm still a -7 yds. But I'm ok with that, I have several projects "in the works" so more finishes are coming. Thanks to Judy and the Stash Reports I buy much more responsibly.

What my stash needs is for me to go thru and pull out all the small pieces of yardage and cut them into noodles and bricks. I use them the most, so it's a good idea. A few Nickel squares for "just in case". Maybe I will do that in color groups, and see if the stash becomes more workable. What do you think? Any ideas out there??

7 comments:

Donna said...

There are so many great scrap quilt patterns I'm sure you'll find something. Sometimes it's fun just to sew a stack of simple blocks, like rail fence or four patches, and see where it goes.

Henrietta said...

As you know I have found Murphys Law to say whatever size I cut my scraps to will not be the right size or colors for the next project I HAVE to do.

MightyMom said...

I"m with Henrietta!

DON'T CUT!!

course I don't organize either so don't look at me.

Lori said...

I started cutting my fabrics into 2.5 strips and 5" strips. When my daughter came in asking how is she gonna help me use the fabric if I chop it up. So much for trying get rid of the old stuff lol.

I have 2 daughters that like to raid the fabric every so often. Just not often enough for me, I want new stuff....

Becky said...

I've started cutting scraps of fabric too. I found a scrappy pattern that I like and I'm cutting for that project. It does help to have strips cut for Bonnie's mystery quilts. She normally likes 2 inch and 3.5 inch strips. I love cutting out projects so random cutting of left-overs is soothing.

Wonderful! You had some Mason time. Give him a big hug!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I cut as I go...except when I needed a whole bunch of 2.5 inch strips for *poker* and the quilts I made then. I never *know* what I will want/or need when a pattern catches my eye :) I do keep all my misc. scraps sorted according to color and hope to make crumb blocks from them...someday...sigh...

Katie Z. said...

I cut lots of 2" strips, as that's a size I like to work with, so if you use lots of noodles and bricks, I say go for it!