Sunday Stash Report

Sunday, May 3, 2009
Nothing in, Nothing out this week! Lots of sewing going on, Serenity quilt is ready to bind, and the Irish chain has it's borders on. So I'm still pretty even on numbers, but some soon to be finishes will change that!

I was sidetracked by "life" and outside chores--flower bed tending, fertilizing and weedkilling (I hope I got a few!) and cleaning my camper. I spend a lot of time in my camper during the summer. I volunteer at the Lewis and Clark Visitor Center above Gavin's Point Dam by Yankton SD. I'm not too far from home, and drive back and forth quite often. Here is a picture of "home away from home" during one of my camping trips.

It is quite comfortable, and when I'm not volunteering (which I love) I spend time piecing, binding, reading, and maybe this year--bike riding. I have it cleaned, I am now down to the "packing" of things I try to take with me in the "first load". We'll try to take it down on Monday, it takes a bit of time to get it parked perfectly and leveled etc. Not like a weekend trip as we will have this parked for maybe the whole summer. That means lots of boards under tires, sewer line hooked up, water lines linked. The volunteers have a separate campground with large sites, it's very nice, AND QUIET!! I don't have wild neighbors--I have wildlife that strolls by! Last year a juvenile bald eagle was very insistent that the best place to beg the parents for food was ON TOP MY CAMPER! Sounded like a herd of elephants up there, and I would have to go out and yell at him (her?) to go sit in a nearby tree. Does with fawns graze right by us, the turkey hens slink past to their nests, and later bring out their newly hatched brood. Gophers and rabbits have no fear of me. And birds--we have lots of different species of birds!

12 comments:

Sue H said...

That kind of wildlife sounds like heaven! Hope things all go well in getting set up, and I look forward to hearing about your experiences.

Nancy said...

I had to laugh at the idea of an eagle dancing around on the top of your camper. I've seen juvenile hawks sit in one spot all day, waiting for their meal, nothing can motivate them to move.

Your camping spot sounds wonderful.

pdudgeon said...

your camping experiences sound great! Won't be long now until Summer.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Looks like a great place to spend your summer. Do you suppose my son would notice if I stole his camper & moved it down next to you? Think of all the sewing fun we could have!!

Stephanie D said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a summer....

Katie Z. said...

Looks like a great way t spend a summer. Enjoy!

SpinningStar said...

That's a wonderful way to spend a summer - enjoy it and take plenty of pictures for us to see....

Liz

pdudgeon said...

forgot to add that your posting about the Serenity quilt and the Kashmir III charm squares got my quilting bug going....

i pulled out one of my favorite quilting books, "Miss Rosie's Quilt Collection" and thumbed thru until i found the quilt called "Tag Sale". It's made up of lots of 9 patches and a few stars and it's all done in beautiful pastels. Once i found that, i went hunting and found the latest Kashmir IV collection (the one in pastels) and promptly put in an order.
thanks again for your inspiration!

Sarah said...

I would so love to be able to relax in a place like that for a while! It looks gorgeous. That's so cool that you had an eagle on your roof...even if he was annoying - typical male. ;-) Enjoy getting lots of sewing and quilting done!

JuJu said...

Oh please can I come too? I promise I will be quiet.....

MightyMom said...

ooooooo I wanna go see your camper all set up and help you volunteer!! :-) or at least sit in the sun and sew in peace and quiet!!

Unknown said...

Sounds wonderful, wish I could do something like that.