Working Wednesday

Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Today my sister and I worked hard! We canned 13 jars of squash. We made two loaves of pumpkin cream cheese bread. Upside down pumpkin cake. Pumpkin sheet cake. Whew! I have a ham in the oven, but we ate taco pizza for supper. Guess the ham will be for tomorrow. A kind person gave me two LARGE boxes of pears, they aren't quite ripe enough to can. Soon!

My holiday cactus sat out on the deck all summer. Right before it froze Ken brought it inside.

There are several different colors of cacti in that pot---yellow, white, pink/white, and a fuschia. I think they are all trying to bloom!

And, I've been sewing a little too. The b/w stepping stones rows are slowly being sewn together.

3 comments:

Tins and Treasures said...

Hmmm...Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread...are you sharing recipes??

MightyMom said...

yes! recipies we MUST have!!


by the way....Bella's knee deep in muck. Saturday's cancelled. :-(

Sweet P said...

Your cactus is gorgeous! I can't wait for mine to bloom again.