Friday--Road Trip

Friday, March 19, 2010

Yes, I know Fridays are usually a post on this weeks goals.  But, since I didn't HAVE any goals this week--it won't be that!


Today we are packing up and heading to Fremont NE for the Heartstrings Sew In.  Last night I started to pack most my things, I have them piled in a heap.  Ruby the quilting dog finds this upsetting, I think she knows I am going somewhere.  She and Ken will stay home, probably watch TV and eat pizza!

But I did do some sewing in between this week.  I found most of a set of bricks and stepping stones blocks, made a few more, and set them together.  




I know, not the best picture, but you get the idea!  This one will go to Jay's nursing home project when it's done.  It will finish about 60x80.  I enjoy the bricks and stepping stones pattern, I never tire of making it.  It seems to makes the best use of odd sized scraps.  

If you can't come to Fremont, have a great day quilting!

7 comments:

Kathie said...

Have a great time, wish I could be there.

the quilt is beautiful, I have not made that pattern but will have to one of these days.

kathie L.

Jamie Janow Elfert said...

This is one of my favorites too...I use this pattern to make baby quilts; simple, cute and fast...not to mention it eats up the pesky scraps! Have a good time.

Tins and Treasures said...

Poor Ruby...I know, cause Callie is the same way when we are getting ready to go somewhere. She usually gets in my suitcase.

Have a great trip. Have a fabulous Friday ~Natalie

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I am so jealous!! You have a great time!!

MightyMom said...

you stinker! I need you and you're off QUILTING....

sigh.

JuJu said...

Lori, was so good seeing you! I hope you enjoyed our NE Sew-in and will come again. Loved visiting with Theresa, she is a very interesting person! Hope the trip home was uneventful!!

Greenmare said...

it looks great!!!