Home Again!

Sunday, March 21, 2010
We've been to Fremont NE to a Heartstrings sew in.  Lots of talking, sewing, and good fun.  I did take a few pictures.

Linda and Jenny from Orchard NE


Jay giving Henrietta and Julia directions



Henrietta sewing on Jay's 2404 Singer Merritt



Jay counting the blocks left to put together



Mary concentrating on the new "basketweave" method of QAYG.



Jay with a finished QAYG
 

Front Row--Sue from Missouri, Henrietta from Hawaii, Sheree from MN, Julia from NE, Mary from MN, Jenny from NE

Back Row--Linda from NE, Becky from MO, Lori from SD, Jay from NE
I know one friend of Jay's left early, but this is MOST who attended.  Julia sewed valiantly even though she had an injury!  

It was lots of fun, if you ever have a sew in close to you--GO!!  Jay made two wonderful homemade soups (Jay--I need the recipe for the vegetable!)   I brought health food.  (Yeah right--if Twinkies are health food!)  And there were many other goodies as well.  We had a great time--Thanks for hosting us Jay!  The Fremont Library was a perfect place to have this--Jay, thank them for me!

And although there was a shopping trip downtown (it was National Quilting Day) I stayed and sewed and didn't buy anything!  

7 comments:

Jay in Nebraska said...

Glad you and Henrietta made it back to SD safely!

Mary-Kay said...

It looks like you girls had a lot of fun at the sew-in. And I don't know about Twinkies, aren't they one of the things that could survive a nuclear explosion? Just joking. I love them too! On occasion.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

You sound so virtuous..."I stayed and sewed and didn't buy anything." I've ordered your halo. LOL WE were just helping the economy you know....

Twinkies ARE health food aren't they??? The one I ate tasted healthy!!

Catsngrams said...

What fun I wish we had sew in here in Utah. I think the mormons call it relief society.

Vicki H. said...

Looks like there was a lot of sewing and fun. I will have to get more blocks ready to mail!! Great job the quilts look great and will be appreciated by those who recieve them.

MightyMom said...

look at you hiding in the back! geez!

glad you had a good time and made it home.

thanks for coming to the rescue on my fabric emergency phone call!

Mary Johnson said...

I'm just catching up on blog reading after the NE trip and turning around and heading to GA for the wedding.

Love the photos from the sew-in. It was so fun seeing everyone again - I can't wait for the PA one in April -- it's a multi day event so I know we'll get lots done.

You've been so good cleaning up your sewing room and it's nice to see I'm not the only that has piles of quilts everywhere - mine are all in different stages of completeness.