?????

Wednesday, May 26, 2010
A few days ago I received this sales promotion in the mail.  First I looked at the picture, and then I read the ad.  See the first paragraph that states "Bring in your old Pfaff sewing machine and take home a beautiful new Pfaff today at great savings!"  The sewing machine on the left is the one on their flyer, the one on the right is MY machine.  Huh--that's not a Pfaff in their ad--it's a Singer 15!  This is a great example of less than honorable sales tactics!!






5 comments:

Jay in Nebraska said...

That makes me so upset, not only are they showing a incorrect machine, but a Singer 15 would probably out sew and out free motion quilt a new Pfaff!

becki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
becki said...

Hi, I'm a lurker. I don't usually like to correct people, but Pfaff does make a 30/31 machine that does resemble the old Singer machines. I know this because I have a friend from Germany with the same old machine. So this IS NOT a less than honorable sales tactic, as long as it is a Pfaff they will honor the Trade In Trade Up sale that is going on.

http://www.loti.com/fifties_history/sewing_machines/Pfaff%20Sewing%20Mchine.JPG

Jay in Nebraska said...

But on the Pfaff 30, the tension is on the front of the machine, not on the faceplate of the machine like the Singer 15...

Jay in Nebraska said...

I stand corrected somewhat, the machine could be a Pfaff 31, not a 30, but the machine they have pictured is more than likely a Singer because of the shape of the machine. I always like to admit when I am wrong.