Monday Goals

Monday, May 3, 2010
Rather disorganized lately, I better smooth things out a little.  So will set a few goals--

  1. start my "camper project quilt"
  2. keep sewing sashings to the disappearing 4 patches

Only two goals this week.  I've been busy volunteering, yesterday I baked 8 kuchen, 2 loaves cinnamon raisin bread, and two small pans of cinnamon rolls.  I also cut most the pieces for my camper project.  What's a camper project?  I take my featherweight and always have a project for while I'm living in my camper and volunteering.  You would be surprised how much sewing you can get done when there is no TV!  I worked on my disappearing 4 patches this weekend too.  I am doing like Pat and "setting the countries together".  Well, mine are having a few territorial disputes--I had to frog stitch a bit, and doing lots of pinning and marking.  I like the black sashings--what do you think??

I wanted to work on my garden and flowers this weekend, but it was cold, windy, with rain/drizzle at times.  I will not garden in a winter coat, hat, and gloves!  I set my holiday cactus outside on the deck, my sister is worried it might frost!  

6 comments:

Sue H said...

Mmmmmm, that baking sounds yummy! I do like the black sashings, and I like that you made them so narrow.

Nancy said...

The black sashing is perfect for your blocks.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

DH keeps telling me it's going to frost.....mostly because the apple trees are blooming and he's a Gloomy Gus.

The black sashing looks good. I may have to try that Disappearing 4-patch.

The baked goods sound yummy. You must put some in the freezer, right?

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

I really like your blocks...and yes to the black sashing. It makes the blocks pop.

Stay warm...hope it warms up there soon. Then you'll be gardening in a bikini. ;0)

MightyMom said...

love the blocks. sorry about the wars.

you're making me hungry!

why can I see the dam on my iphone, but not on my computer???

Gina said...

Oh nooooo why do I crave bread now???