Sunday Stash Report

Sunday, May 9, 2010


Happy Mother's Day!  I found the above gif and it made me smile.   Many memories of drinking coffee/tea with my mother and grandmother.  
 
I haven't finished anything, but I didn't buy any fabric this week either.  So no change to the stash report.  But I did do a few things---first I made these--
 
 
Six dozen chocolate chip cookies.  I am pretty sure these are Ken's favorite cookie.  And, I did sew this weekend.  I put together the strips for my camper project, and was able to cut the strips into the next step.

Today dad and I are going shopping.  I need a few groceries and he's riding along.  Maybe we will stop at the nursery and check out the plants.  I hope it's warm enough to work in my flowers/garden by the weekend, but I wouldn't count on it yet.  South Dakota set new records for cold weather Friday night, there were places in the state that got down to 17 degrees.  Summer--where ARE you??!!



 

6 comments:

Tins and Treasures said...

I know...it was pretty cold here, but I was glad that it didn't snow! Happy Mother's Day ~Natalie

Stephanie D said...

It's been in the 80s this week, which is unusually hot for this time of year--until last night when a cold front came through and the high today is to be 63--unusually cool for this time of year!

Got lots planted this week, and a nice little sunburn to go with it. Can't say much for housework, though...

Nancy said...

My mother and I drank a lot of tea together, too. Those were special times and now precious memories.

SpinningStar said...

Mom preferred champagne, so whenever I "visit" her, I always take a small bottle and enjoy it with her!

It's gotten chilly down here in OK, but the winds will change tomorrow and they are predicting severe weather. Guess I won't be putting out my new tomatoes quite yet!

Wish I could send one of my peonies up your way - I am sure you'll get some blooming soon!

Liz

Henrietta said...

This is an interesting article:
http://www.northscaping.com/InfoZone/IS-0015/IS-0015.shtml

MightyMom said...

I'm so tired of cold rainy weather