Monday Goals

Monday, May 31, 2010
Another week with no goals.  Well, no QUILTY goals!   I will sew when I can.

Did I show you what Ranger Karla and I found the other day we were checking campgrounds?  



Do you know what kind of snake that is?  A bull snake!  Almost five foot long--a big snake for the species.  And was he mad!  Shook his tail to pretend he was a rattlesnake and would strike at us, but we were careful and let him strike at the soles of our shoes.  Yes, they will bite/strike you, but aren't poisonous.  But that doesn't mean it wouldn't HURT!  He unwillingly posed for pictures, and then Ranger Karla took her "whumping stick" and shovel out of the back of the truck and carefully carried him off the road to the grass. 

Have great week!


7 comments:

Sue H said...

Ewww! I'm glad there aren't "quilting snakes". And good for Ranger Karla to safely take him off into the grass, even though she had a "whumping stick" -- love that term!

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

I didn't catch you answered your own question.
Bull snake and a gopher snake and pine snakes --sure do the same thing about shaking tail, hissing and striking.

Have a great without SNAKES please...

Mary-Kay said...

"Whumping" stick! LOL. I thought she would have whacked that snack. And I'm so glad that there aren't any 'quilting" snakes or I'd be doing something else.

JuJu said...

Did ya have to take a picture of the snake??? This NE farm girl does not like snakes ... of any kind!!!!

Stephanie D said...

I'm with Juju--could do without the photo, thankyouverymuch!

MightyMom said...

carefully carried??? where's my shotgun??!!!


carefully carried my foot.