Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, February 23, 2015
Sunday I worked on my "Two Lips" blocks.  Parts of the sashing and blocks are sewn into rows.


Feels good to get this project moving again.  Please see everyone's design wall posts at Patchwork Times.

Weekly Goals--

Quilt Birds in Air top
5" challenge project
Binding for Cheddar Delight
Binding for Summer Nites at the Lake
Liz's Squared Project
Backing for Cheddar Delight
Load another top on the Princess

Lots of sewing over the weekend.  The columns are all pieced for the 30's projects and the pieced border is started.  Sewed on the 5" challenge project and cut my Wedge Christmas Tree skirt.   Lorri2Rs and I found a pattern suitable for my guild small quilt challenge.  I played with the "squedge" ruler but will have to study the directions a bit more. 

Its still very cold and staying in and sewing sounds like a plan.  Some peasant soup is planned.  How are you bearing the cold weather?  



 

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Nice progress on your quilt!

Lots of sewing happening here, especially binding, and binding, and binding.

Sara said...

Wishing I could stay home and sew, but won't happen until the end of the week for me. Glad to hear you got so much done this weekend. And what a clever design in the Two Lips - I love the name and the design.

Susan said...

You are really moving along.....
Enjoy the soup.... I will be putting on a pot of spaghetti sauce and making a meat loaf......

Cold here too but not as bad as it is for you........

Nann said...

Weather forecast for today is "brief warmup, cold to come." As long as it's not snowing! Your "two lips" project looks like fun. (Anything that would be 30's-ish is on my radar screen as I seek to bust that bin this year.) BTW, check my blog to see the ribbon I won for "Lakeside Sunset," which you inspired!

Brenda said...

Talk about fun projects!! Love the "Two Lips" quilt! I have never seen that pattern before but it looks cute!!
Keep going with your goals - stay in, stay warm and stay sewing!! Win/Win!

Judy Hansen said...

I love this old pattern - because it looks like flowers and also looks like lips. So cute! It's on my bucket list.

Paula, the quilter said...

Nice progress on your TwoLips quilt. I stayed in over the weekend with occasional forays out to shovel snow.