Wedge Wednesday

Wednesday, February 11, 2015
Its Wedge Wednesday--time to find your ruler, pick a pattern and check your stash for fabric!  I've chosen a Christmas Tree Skirt using Sue's tutorial.  Saturday I sewed my strips together.

Lorri2Rs is a social butterfly.  123 quilters were busily sewing on Saturday at the Sew Day and Lorri chatted with each of them.  One lady was despondently studying her project.  After a few trips past Lorri asked her what was wrong?  Paula's day had a rocky start.  She'd forgot her power cord for her machine but persuaded her husband to meet her halfway with it.  Luckily it wasn't very far.  Next she pulled out her project.  No pattern.  Okay--its all cut out, just need to assemble it.  It wasn't going well.  Lorri asked more--it was a WEDGE RULER CIRCULAR QUILT!  Lorri told Paula the other Lori had brought the ruler and the pattern.  Yippee!!  After eating a "smart cookie" (all quilters need sugar and chocolate) Lorri and Paula found all the pieces and it was a done project.

Paula after smart cookie



Aren't the colors bright and cheerful?  Makes me think SPRING!!


 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love hearing stories like this! I'm glad Paula's bad day was turned around, and I love the fabrics she used for her project. Nancy @ Wyoming Breezes

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Love the colors in that project. Actually, I think I had some of that tulip print once upon a time...there ar probably still scraps lurking somewhere. Quilt Club meeting today....suppose I should get my stuff together.....

Sara said...

Spring is exactly what I thought. I can't wait to see your wedge project.

sewspeciallady said...

We sure had fun on Sat. sewing with friends- some I had not seen in years.Lori1R also helped with saving Paula's day. Her happy dance should of been recorded!! It was so genuine and happy relief it was done! Thank s for going with me.
Lorri2R in IA