A Little Extra Time, Goals

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Today I had a little extra time and pulled out a set of swap blocks from several years ago. I hope I can still find the magazine we had the pattern in!! I think it was called "Blooming Rose". LOL You take the blocks and can either sew them together as it, or quarter them horizontally or diagonally and then sew then back together in different sets. I have started to sew my back together, and hope to get all them put together tonight. They all share a yellow background of some kind, and a kaleidoscope of colors/fabrics for the flower. Leaves get raggy edge appliequed later when the top is together.

Goals--Hmmmm...

1. Work on customer quilts if thread gets here
2. Put Blooming Rose blocks together into a top
3. Plant garden--oops--not a quilty goal!
4. Put more rounds on the tossed salad blocks

All my other goals, well, they're not quilty ones. But I will be busy!!

1 comments:

Becky said...

I have these blocks with a green backgroun from a swap several years ago. I'd really like to put the quilt top together this Summer. Please show pictures of your progress. Perhaps, it will inspire me to get my quilt together.