Motivation Friday

Friday, March 13, 2009
How have I done this week?? I quilted a top, machine sewed the bindings on three quilts, only have a few Bear Paw blocks to make, and sewed some of my green swap blocks. By Monday, I should the swap blocks ready to mail, the Bear Paw blocks done, and I've already sewn one of the bindings down (the hand part). I need to make labels for these quilts yet. I like the swap blocks, they are my favorite color--GREEN!!! And they are simple--the double Irish chain block from Quilter's Cache.

Although the dark part looks black, it is actually a dark green. I wish everyone one a great weekend, how has YOUR week shaped up? Any special plans??

9 comments:

Diane said...

I would rather have the recipe for the laundry soap!

Lori in South Dakota said...

Diane--send me your email and I will tell you what I know about the laundry soap recipe.

Nancy said...

Wow, you accomplished a lot this week, and from the looks of the first comment, you are learning either Korean or Chinese. :0D

Have a great weeked!

Mary Johnson said...

You're making good progress! I love Irish Chain quilts and need to make one myself. I have a gorgeous top my Mom pieced for me several years ago but I'm waiting until I'm good enough to quilt it...still waiting...

pdudgeon said...

Not a whole lot of progress for me this week. I did get my 2nd applique block done (haven't taken a pic yet)and got a green sampler couch quilt loaded on tuesday and took three passes on that. From Wednesday on I've been dealing with a bad cold that came out of nowhere and hit me like a ton of bricks!
I've done a little bit of redwork and a lot of sneezing and sleeping the last 4 days.
your Irish Chain blocks look lovely.keep up the good work.

Sarah said...

So I don't want to sound critical, but - it looks like something is mixed up in one of the columns of the Irish Chain blocks - like the white and the medium green are reversed. I'm in the middle of a Double Irish Chain myself, so I could just be imposing my colors on yours, but something doesn't look symmetric in the picture.

Lori in South Dakota said...

Sarah--I laughed and laughed at the blocks after I posted the picture. That's the third mistake in three projects. But I fixed this one!

Stephanie D said...

That Irish chain is looking truly Irish. You've done well!

Karen said...

Love the Irish Chain quilt!