Sunday Stash Report

Sunday, March 22, 2009

A week went by and I didn't buy any fabric. And I finished a little sewing. I was reading Pat's blog and she had read Cherold's blog about making a "sewing machine thingie". (does this remind you of that telephone game??!) And I had to make a couple too!! That used 1 1/2 yards. Not a big dent, but it was fun! So my totals this week are--

34 1/3 yards bought year to date
24 1/2 yards used year to date
I've bought a bit less than 10 yards more than I've used this year. But maybe my new book I bought will help me use up more stash! Ah, an incentive! And three tops waiting for me to have time to quilt. Spring is coming, life is good!!

8 comments:

Tins and Treasures said...

Well, I guess I took care of the fabric shopping for you this week. We found a fabulous JoAnn's here in Mpls...spent about an hour and a half there!

Thanks for sharing the link to the sewing machine thingy...

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

You are zeroing in on it...once the quilts are quilted the numbers will go negative!

Did you make any changes to the 'sewing machine thingee' pattern?

Laurie said...

I'm wondering if the sewing machine will move if put on the thingy...I've considered putting a no-skid pad under my machine and my foot pedal.
As to baskets... making a lot of them has made them easier. I'm tempted to do the 5" ones...no I'll just pet the ones in my care this week.

Vicki H. said...

I love the "thingy" for your machine. I am trying to cut back on the stash so I can buy what I need and no impulse buys. I don't have a big stash just about 1.25 large plastic totes. I just want to get it down so I feel like I am able buy new fabrics once the old is used. Lots of ideas on how to use it up.

Sarah said...

Stash used... is stash used regardless of how little in each report! :-) I've seen a few of those "thingys" on various different blogs too. I may have to make one up for when I travel or go to classes.

MightyMom said...

the thingie is interesting....but isn't that what drawers are for??

ah well...tis a thought no?

Katie Z. said...

You'll get there!

Stephanie D said...

Bit by bit by bit--it all adds up.
I totally forgot about the stash report because I was working. But didn't get anything finished this week anyway!