Wednesday Ramblings

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Almost forgot to post today! This week has been busy, loaded a quilt on Monday and then was bored. Met my goal already~! So I got out my new book and cut strips for a quilt. Later I will go sew with them. My back aches so don't think I will quilt tonight. This morning I had a funeral, so that was early (for me!) that I had to be up and dressed and my salad ready to go. And I'm feeling out of sorts, I have a tooth abcess that I am taking antibiotics for until the dentist can see me next week. I have to finish the laundry and get the car serviced before I head to Mankato, but that's about it. Yesterday I got my hair cut and highlighted. Yes Sarah--DARK highlights, I already have the white ones~!!

South Dakota summer is coming, on Monday we had tornado warnings! Yes, you heard me, tornado warnings! Fast moving storm came from NE, but all we had here was high winds (50mph) and 10 minutes of pouring rain. Then it cleared off and the sun came out. Today was still fairly nice, but chilly. Weather report is for dreary rain and cold this weekend. That's OK, Mason and I can stay inside and play! I was outside a few days ago and noticed my wisteria is getting little leaf buds on it. Wait wisteria--it's too cold to start growing!!

3 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

One of the twisters from that storm system on Monday touched down about 12 miles east of here along Hwy 20. Tore apart an old barn. I went past there this morning and a lot of the roofing tin was laying on the opposite side of the highway. Also tipped over an irrigation system on the north side of the road.

MightyMom said...

we had storms today. no twisters. thunder woke me up so much and the pre-rain crap made me hurt so bad I called in sick. and I'm blaming my stuffy head on the storms too!

but I do so love the rain.

Stephanie D said...

I'm so sorry about your tooth--been there! Hope all stays well until you can get to the dentist next week. Trying to baby sit Mason with an aching abscessed tooth would be no fun whatsoever!