Tuesday Twitterings

Tuesday, April 21, 2009
I have another finish! Last night I worked hard and finished the binding on "Jacob's Twirling Ladder". The story behind the one block going the wrong way made me laugh, and I left it! Makes it rather funky looking, but I can do funky! My BF Henrietta had made a quilt, it was the inspiration for this one. I had blogged about it here. When Henrietta was getting ready to mail her quilt, she sent me a picture. She was so PROUD of her beautiful quilt! When I looked at the picture I asked her if she noticed anything about her quilt. Hmmm? The EXACT SAME BLOCK was turned the wrong way! So when I did mine, I quickly hung it on the wall, took a picture to send to her, and then I really started to laugh! Yes, that pesky block had turned on MY quilt. Now, it drove her crazy that the block was turned, but me, I like funky so I left it!

It's a beautiful day, 78F, small breeze so had to use some bricks to anchor the corners! And I love the backing fabric, it is called "Beauty Shop" by Red Rooster Fabrics. This fabric was given to me by a friend who was moving out of state. I have no particular plan for this quilt, I cut it out a couple of years ago, and forgot it in a box.

Tomorrow morning at 7:45am I have to be at the oral surgeon to have that pesky tooth pulled. Wish me luck!

13 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

So pretty!! I like quilts with pink in them. Now, if you had turned every other block it would twirl even more.

You'll be glad you had the tooth pulled. I had one with infection under the root, took two doses of Motrin every day for almost a year to keep inflamation under control until my stomach started bothering me. Then the tooth broke anyway so had it pulled about a year ago. So glad I did, no more problems & I haven't bought a bottle of Motrin since.

Howdy said...

I love that quilt... especially with the block turned - it just has a little more character... just a tiny bit of sass! LOL And the story just makes it all the more special!

Pull out some quilting books and mags... tomorrow sounds like a good day to spend on the couch napping with a quilt book in your lap!

JuJu said...

Another beauty ... I like the funky block too! Hope all goes well for you tomorrow. You'll be all better in a few days!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Congrats on the finish. Good luck tomorrow!!!

Vicki W said...

The quilt looks great! I like it with the twirling block.

Becky said...

I love your funky block on this quilt. The backing is awesome. Maybe, you should keep this quilt just because it makes you laugh. Good luck at the dentist tomorrow!

Stephanie D said...

Well, I like the funky block, too, so I'm glad you're keeping it!

Good luck at the dentist's office! And take it easy afterwards.

Katie Z. said...

Looks great! I hope your tooth extraction goes well!

Jackie Russell said...

Very pretty quilt. I like the turned block.

Unknown said...

The quilt is gorgous, I love how using just 2 colours can produce stunning results! And the odd block adds character :)

Lori said...

Love the quilt, I was wondering if you were going to change it. Glad you didn't, gives it character. I wish I could get back into quilting.

Hope all went well with the dentist.

MightyMom said...

glad you didn't turn it!! too great!

tis a lovely quilt indeed. but oh, to have a quilt and no plans for it....I can't imagine.

Unknown said...

I love pink and white quilts, they are so fresh looking.