Motivation Friday

Thursday, September 3, 2009
My goals this week were small, to continue piecing on the two bricks and stepping stones tops. I have the b/w stepping stones pieced into rows, now I am auditioning it on the wall to see if any rows need to be moved.


Yes, it's too big for me to get it all on the picture, right now it is about 78x99", and I think I will add a small plain border. So far I haven't found any blocks I *hate* next to each other, and I love scrappy quilts. It has an amazing assortment of fabrics in it, it's my kind of quilt!

I've also been working on the navy blue/white with blue bricks blocks. I have enough "matchsticks" made to make a top 66x81", but would like it a bit bigger to go on a queen bed. With people under it! So I'll have to decide whether to make a few more pieces, or ponder it a bit more. I'm worried it will become too "bleah" when I get all the blues together, what do you think?


Anything different I could add, perhaps a bit of another color like lavenders/purples?? Come on everyone, this one may need help!! Okay, I'll admit that blue isn't my most favorite color to work with, but I'm trying to get out of my comfort zone!

Another random thought, my best friend just shakes her head and laughs at my choices. I love to use up leftovers like these in mindless chain piecing. I am like Mereth, I would be thrilled to see an empty basket!

10 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I think your blue quilt will be fine~your blues have some accent colors in them...right?!

Vicki W said...

Love that! The blue one is going to look really nice too!

Sue H said...

I agree, I think the blues you have are so varied, it won't be boring -- it will be BEAUTIFUL! I love scrappy too. It will be fun to see this one up on the wall.

pdudgeon said...

those are going to be great quilts!

Brenda said...

I think that the one on the wall is nice. And I think the blue one (I love blue!! Ask me what colour I didn't have in my stash when I needed blue!!) And from what I can see - you do have some differnt colours in with the blue fabrics. It is going to be nice. Stop worring!! It will be a nice calming, relaxing quilt.

Ruthie said...

I LOVE the blue one.

Stephanie D said...

I love the blues together. There are lots of 2-color quilts out there that are gorgeous.

If you can't take it, blues and greens go well together.

MightyMom said...

just put a white border on it and it'll be lovely.

but personally I like blue/yellow combinations. :-)

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

If only mine was that far along. As for the blue one maybe you could mix in some purples and aquas for a little extra zip without getting too far from your blue theme. Then again, you might like just the blues better than you think you will. Lot of help, aren't I?? LOL

Mary Johnson said...

I like them both. I love scrappy multi color quilts but I also love scrappy quilts using a single color.