Wednesday Wanderings

Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Today was a bumbly sort of day. I HAD planned on driving to Sioux Falls to do a little shopping. Then talked to my sister and told her I had made an Italian Cream cake, and she asked if I would bring her and the other library ladies a piece. Sure! So on my way out the door, I was carrying purse, keys, coffee, the cake slices, and almost lost the cake. You know, where it's doing flips in the air and you hope gravity keeps it upright in the container??! Whew--no major damages. So I arrive at the library in time for coffee, and proceeded to pour my entire cup of coffee down the front of my shirt. Rats! So instead I went home and changed clothes, put the shirt in the laundry, and decided I would take cake to my OTHER sister and my dad. The whole afternoon was spent visiting. Well, sometimes you just gotta do that!

I was feeling pretty good about my 9 patch quilt a long, and today I realized I am 24 9 patches behind! Arrrggghh! But I will iron and sew a few more tonight, I will catch up!

My flowers are having an "end of year bloom your heart out". Remember when I trained them on bamboo sticks tied up with selvages?

They have covered up the bamboo sticks, and are now climbing to the top of the pergola. Morning glories, Purple striped Malva, Purple and Scarlet runner beans, and Cardinal flowers. Oh dear, my font has changed and I don't know why!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

The cake sounds really tasty. I love the that you shared the cake and were able to make so many happy with your gift of cake and your time. Impromptu visits are always the best. :o)

Tins and Treasures said...

Your flowers are beautiful and I would love to spend the day visiting. My boys are pretty naughty at school and I am about ready for Friday...wait...it's only Wednesday today?! ~Natalie

Kim said...

A social day sounds nice. Never had an Italian Creme Cake, but it sounds interesting all right! You flowers really are doing nicely, very pretty. Don'tcha just hate for the cold to come and melt that beauty?

MightyMom said...

I hungry for cake now.

JuJu said...

You almost had a UPSIDE down cake! LOLOL Heck, who wants to shop when they have good food, family and conversation? Hey, did don't see the bicycle on the deck!!

Stephanie D said...

Anytime you want to make an Italian cream cake and wander on down to North Carolina, I have a spare bed. 8^D