Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, February 4, 2013
This is my design wall, I'm using charms from Jackie, Mary Kay, and my scrap box. 



The blocks are large--they finish at 13" so 20 blocks with sashings and a 5" border will be about 70x90".  I call it "tall soldier bed size".  This complies with QOV's guidelines.  See what everyone is working on at Patchwork Times.

Weekly Goals--
  1. Sew binding on Blue Urban Cabin
  2. Load another top
  3. Quilt another top
  4. Finish Star quilt to a flimsy
  5. Trim Pink Horror
  6. Yoyo block
  7. Applique block
I think that is enough--I like to have variety and choices with my goals! 

Today is errands and the week (I hope) will have lots of sewing.  




13 comments:

pcflamingo said...

I do red-white-blue quilts for soldiers and airmen for an organization in Washington state called American Hero Quilts and I'm always looking for additional patterns. With permission, I will "borrow" your pattern above! We donate to Joint Base Lewis-McChord (near Tacoma, WA) which is a combined Army-Air Force base and the quilts go to a hospital there as well as one in Afghanistan.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

You're planning a busy week of sewing. We started a scrappy star quilt somewhat like what you show at Quilt Club one meeting. I really should dig that out and work on it. I think quite a few pieces are cut, but nothing sewed. Maybe when all the "have to" quilts get done....

The pink quilt REALLY needs a better name than the "Pink Horror."

Gari in AL said...

I like all your different colors and fabrics. It makes this a really cheerful quilt.

Anonymous said...

I love this pattern so much I need to make it! I love the white stars with all those great pops of color. Very cool!

Norece said...

This is my favorite go to scrap quilt. When I get a huge assortment of charms I make one of these quilts. They also make a great QOV in RW&B.

Nancy said...

This is an attractive quilt and a great use of scraps.

DeeDee said...

I love this pattern and have made it numerous times and it is always a big hit! Just pretend that the purples you are using are just a dark pink!

Mary-Kay said...

I love it. Just because you said I'd be peering at it to see what fabric I gave you, I did. I can't tell. It looks great!

Quilting Nonnie said...

I've always wanted to make a quilt with stars at the corner. I was going to do Eleanor Burns log cabin with the stars. This is a much easier quilt and cute too!

Allison said...

fantastic scrap quilt!

Elaine Adair said...

I was looking at your PINK quilt and wonder why you don't like it? I also don't "do" pink but when finished, I usually love them as well. From what I saw it was lovely. 8-))

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I LOVE it!!! Love the colors too!!

pdudgeon said...

looking really great, Lori!