Design Wall Monday--Weekly Goals--Happy Birthday Henrietta

Monday, February 18, 2013
This week my design wall has blocks I made last summer--


Birds in Air blocks.  My goal is to get these blocks sewn together during February.  Check everyone's design walls at Patchwork Times.

Weekly Goals--
  1. Finish binding Blue Urban Cabin
  2. Make binding for Garden Gate Plaid quilt
  3. Sashings and Borders on DeeDee's Star
  4. Sew binding to Henrietta's 4 Patch Posey
  5. Quilt Swoon
That's enough for this week.  

Henrietta had a birthday!



Happy Birthday Henrietta!!  Please note--that is a LEMON cake she is holding.  She requested a lemon cake and I didn't have a recipe.   A LEMON cake with GLAZE.   Thank heavens for Cooks.com! 

The weather was warm over the weekend (+40F) but today the high temp will be +17F.  All the puddles are frozen and a strong wind out of the North all week.  I'm planning to stay inside and sew--what's planned for your week???


11 comments:

Becky G said...

Love your blocks!
Oh my, 17 is cold! I'm in NC, we're @ 26 now (8:45am) but will get to high forties... The sun is shining & the sky is "Carolina Blue!" Lovely.
I'm headed out to work & probably won't get home til late, so no sewing today, but am so happy you linked with Judy, inspiring! Thanks. B

Judy D in WA said...

I love those blocks!
Teens and twenties temps are just not right!
I would like a piece of cake please. It looks so delicious.

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

Wonderful colors in your Birds in the Air very cheery for a winters day. It's good to work on something bright that can warm us up when the weather is not so cozy.

Cathy said...

I LOVE!! birds in the air blocks!! Yours are fabulous! Looks like something else got added to my want to do list

Kathaleeny said...

Really vintage looking quilt. Love it. What fabrics did you use?

Sara said...

Love those blocks and the quilt will be gorgeous!

Wish it really felt like 17 degrees. With our 30 mph winds it feels about -10 in my opinion. BRRR! Stay inside and quilt!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Your blocks are beautiful... I'm using that block for a color challenge project this year and really enjoy making it!

Diane Wagner said...

Love your blocks! I think I just found inspiration for all those small hst's I have.

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday, Henrietta! Lemon cake was a good choice for your special day.

The Birds in the Air blocks look great together.

Allison said...

birds in the air is on my 'someday' list :) your blocks look great! we are forecasted to have good quilting weather here, too - cold & blustery. keep warm & happy stitching!

Dar said...

Your Birds in the Air blocks look great as does that lemon cake. What a nice thing to do for your friend. Do you want to make me a lemon pie for my birthday? tee hee.