Motivation Friday

Friday, February 15, 2013
Time to check my goals--
  1. Finish quilting  Henrietta's 4 Patch Posey--done
  2. Load another top--yes
  3. Sashings on Dee's Star--yes
  4. Finish applique block--yes
  5. Keep binding--slogging away
  6. Purple cake stand blocks--no
  7. Make a binding--no
  8. Yoyo block--no
  9. 12 Double Wedding Ring arc--yes
 The goals are going well this week.   A few pictures---

DeeDee's Star pattern

This quilt has moved off the design wall and onto the hanging rod--next will be the outside sashings and borders.  

Beyond the Cherry Tree Block #9

25 blocks to the Cherry Tree quilt--I'm not doing them in order but I'm almost halfway.   That's a bird in the middle of the block--on the original quilt they weren't sure if it was an actual applique piece or just maybe a quilting motif--I went with a bluebird.  I think he needs an eye--later when I'm adding the embroidery details.

Next on the design wall went my Birds in Air blocks.  Mostly already in rows--a few more to add and then I can start putting them all together.  I've seen this pattern with a few appliqued bird outlines (more birds!) and I think I'd like that.  Maybe birds in an assortment of colors--blues, browns, reds, yellows.  Hmmm--what do you think??  Each bird is just the outline made with one fabric. 

 I'm not slowing down much to bind--I want to quilt while I feel like it--I can bind anytime.  What are you working on this week?  Are you sewing over the weekend?  

7 comments:

Sara said...

You got a LOT accomplished this week and I can't wait to see your Birds in the Air quilt. I've made that pattern too and love the look of it.

Nancy said...

You had a successful week. Dee's Stars is an attractive quilt.

I am concentrating on some knitting projects right now, so I probably won't be sewing this weekend.

Needles, Fabric, Chisels, and Wood…Life is GOOD! said...

Binding is my favorite part of any quilt, mostly because it is the last touch before I bid it farewell or start using it. I also love to bind as a way of relaxing after a long day of having to really use my brain.

Lori said...

I love all of your quilts. I'm working on binding a 10 plus year old UFO. May have to do the star quilt, you put up. Hitting Joann's today, they have the additional 20 per cent off military discount.
Since my hubby volunteered my services to Fisher House a guest house on Fort Lewis base. We just spent a week there, while middle daughter had surgery for tongue cancer, they took her lymph nodes too. While in ICU, I was working on another quilt binding, the nurses of course suggested to donate to the Fisher House, as my hubby tells them I donate quilts. I'll need to invent another 12 hours a day to get them done through.
Daughter is doing great released her off base two weeks early, will be here to recover.

Katie Z. said...

If I can stop running a fever (if) I will sew... Maybe some blocks for the sampler, hopefully my medallion mystery, but otherwise I'll be on my bed under three quilts!

DeeDee said...

Lori - your star quilt is just perfect - so quick and easy to put together. Thanks for sharing it. I have been cutting charms to make another one. Have a great weekend.....

Suzanne said...

You create the most amazing quilts! I am hoping to get some sewing in this afternoon after Church.