Sunday, September 7, 2008
Mason, Laura Beth and Nick all came home today. Whew--do those new parents look tired. I think they are all sleeping at the moment! I am cooking food for them--Nick requested Potato Dumpling Soup and I made a pan of brownies--I know there is Rocky Road ice cream, chocolate syrup and spray whipped cream. YUM!! The soup recipe was obtained from a older Czech lady who used to make it when she cooked at a restaurant. It's delicious. AND--it reheats great. Just what we need at the moment. I am trying to be very quiet, tomorrow I may do some more serious cooking. Now is a good time to catch up on some reading.



4 comments:

JuJu said...

Lori, glad your new "little" family is home and resting well. Humm that soup looks good!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

What a happy family to be able to sleep while 'Gramma' makes soup!

Thank goodness it is soup weather :) the soup looks yummy and my ds loves dumplings!

Stephanie D said...

Since I am not your daughter, and not pregnant, what do I need to do to get me a serving of that soup? lol

It's so nice that you can be there for them!

jacquie said...

ooh that soup sounds fabulous. with the chill in the air, just perfect. glad the family is doing well.