Sunday Stash Report

Sunday, September 28, 2008
I bought stash this week, but it was for a present, so don't think it counts.  And I did use some stash--the 2nd baby slide show used 6 yards.  I also made 31 heartstrings blocks as stress relief late in the evenings--not sure how much "stash" they use!  They all came from my baskets/floor piles.  I have been working at organizing my fabric, and all those 31 blocks came from one pile on a chair I had sorted.  Sorta depressing,as there are still pieces on that chair!
This is another chair I have sorted strings onto. 



 Oh well.  Why 31?  Why such a random number?  I had 31 foundations ready to go!



And here is my cutting table, the 31 blocks, tubs with noodles, bricks, and piles of strings. 

Now I have to take some tylenol and go back to painting the outside of my house.  Maybe next year we will get permanent siding!

6 comments:

pdudgeon said...

31 blocks...Lori that's almost a whole quilt top! YEA FOR YOU!!!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Great job on the 31 blocks...with green centers strips? Ever wonder exaclty how many quilts are lurking in the cupboard waiting to be made?! I do! :)

Good luck with painting the house...soon that job will be able to cross off your list :)

Katie Z. said...

Good luck with the house and with the scraps.

JuJu said...

Lori, I thought making 26 blocks would cut down on the strings mulitplying in my closet, but didn't happen!!! I think those strings just like to drive us crazy, every time I open the closet door there seems to be more!!! Started on a "Happy Block" quilt this evening.

Donna said...

31 blocks? So what do you do when you get REALLY stressed? (LOL) Great job on using up those scraps, and yes, they do multiple when we aren't looking.

Stephanie D said...

Yes, I do believe I see aluminum siding in your future....

31 blocks! And those always take me more time than I think they will.

I've decided fabric is like an amoeba--you split it and it just becomes more. It never really goes away....