Thursday Mumblings

Thursday, September 18, 2008
Judy asked "do things like this really happen to people". Yes Judy, they do. It happened while I was in Minnesota a few weeks ago picking up groceries at a local grocery chain. Parked beside me was a Blazer, and just as I was about to start my car and leave, along came the people for that vehicle. Not sure what was said or done, I was checking my list, when all at once lots of shouting and yelling and cussing and the oldest boy (looked about 18 or so) was fighting with the Dad(??). Well, there was lots of slinging of the grocery bags and when the dust had settled, they had BROKEN the side window of the blazer. Whew--for a while there I thought those grocery bags full of cans were going to hit MY car!! Well, they were standing there pointing at the window and yelling, and I decided that NOW was a good time to leave. Nope, not a clue who they were.

5 comments:

Granny said...

Good grief! What's the world coming to? Glad they didn't hit your car (or you!).

jacquie said...

scary isn't it how violence can erupt so quickly. glad you got out of there safely.

Unknown said...

Even wonder a little bit what was said before it all 'started'?!

Personal safety: don't say a thing, avoid direct eye contact, get away as soon as possible!

Stephanie D said...

People are so strange--how do they figure that kind of behavior is okay?

SueR said...

You never know what people will do these days, best thing really is to leave!