Saturday Silly

Saturday, November 28, 2009
I tried to slip it past everyone, but Henrietta let it out of the bag. Yes, yesterday was my birthday. I'm trying to handle it like Maxine--



And my friend Henrietta calls, she had sent me a package ages ago and I was to wait until my birthday to open it. (Actually, she called at 11:45PM!) I opened the box and this was in it--

Only a REAL friend would send you a lighted magnifying mirror so I can find those "stray" dark whiskers on my face! Unfortunately, in looking at my face I can really see the wrinkles too!

My sister Kathy and I exchanged "unsigned" birthday cards--so we can reuse them next year!

Tonight I was searching in my sewing room, and although I never found what I was looking for, I found a sack with fabric in it. Now I remember buying it, it was borders and backing for a quilt. But for the life of me I can't remember what top it was to go on!! Oh dear--I'm forgetting stuff already!! Fear not, I have plenty of tops that need a border and backing, so I'm sure this will be used! I found at least 4 sets of quilt blocks (enough to make at LEAST full size tops). I can see what I will be doing in 2010~!



PS--think how fabric finishing those block sets would bust!!

13 comments:

Vicki W said...

Happy Birthday!

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday!!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you had a great one.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!!! Speaking of seeing things.......try putting one of those itty, bitty screws back in your glasses sometime. Not to mention needing three pairs of hands to hold the lense in place while you do it. Isn't it fun finding fabric you had forgotten about? Even more fun than buying new....you haven't just parted with the money.

JuJu said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Tanya said...

Happy Birthday! Yes, I tend to stay away from mirrors like that though I probably should make a bit more effort.

Katie Z. said...

Belatedly happy birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day and weekend.

Howdy said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a good birthday and holiday too. I like the idea of re-using the cards. Both of my daughters got the same card for me one year... which was quite a hoot.

Henrietta said...

Recycling cards?

How does that sound when your best friend sells cards?

Awful!

MightyMom said...

ummm...but did you count that big bag of fabric in your stash report?? probably not...you'd better count it now!!

:-)


have fun...I got some sewing I can lend you when you run out of things to do.

magicthimblecreations said...

Happy Birthday Lori a few days late. I love looking at your quilt for the current stash report, because it was scrappy. I need to make a scrappy quilt!

Sweet P said...

Belated Happy Birthday!

Stephanie D said...

Found treasure--fabric you don't remember! lol

Too funny!