Sunday Stash Report

Sunday, November 8, 2009

I'm still -60 yds. But I am nearing some finishes. Saturday was "B&B" day. Borders and Backings. I put a border around a Heartstrings top, found some backing and seamed it, and loaded it on the long arm. Whew! That is a project ready to quilt. Next I pulled out the navy blue/white bricks and stepping stones. I have the first border on, and the second border cut. Today I hope to get those sewn on, and the backing ready. Then I can set it aside--ready to go.

I miss Mason, Laura Beth and Nick. I wished they lived closer. I miss those little arms being held up with that "pick me up, grandma" look. The weather was beautiful on Friday and Saturday, 60's and 70's. Now if it would just dry off a bit.


7 comments:

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning, Lori,
Yes, I'll bet you do miss that sweet little face. How long does it take to drive there? They live in Minnesota, right??

I would love a chance to get into my sewing room too and finish up some projects...Happy Sunday ~Natalie

Vicky said...

If you're doing B&Bs, you'll be in the black in no time at all! That's exactly what I need to do here - of course, it won't help me much! LOL. Good going!

Lori said...

Lucky you for having some close to finish and the longarm to finish them up--- hmmm 1 day a long might have to follow me home.

Enjoy the grandbaby, mine is almost 2.5 years, and soooooo smart. I watch him on weds,thurs. So his mom Lori Ann comes to get him at 6, says what should we have for dinner. He looks at me and says nana get dressed we go to red robin. He loves it when grandpa cooks, (it was my night to cook) thinks twice with my dinners- wants to eat out. So young and already knows how his taste buds works. lol

Vicki H. said...

Love that sunshine and warmth!! I have been doing some B's too-binding and borders. I also have some basting to do ...

Julie said...

I just want to say how I LOVE the way you encourage the other stashbusters. Week after week, I always see you commenting, encouraging everyone else. You go girl!

Grandkids are great aren't they?

Donna said...

Good job being ready to quilt another one! I have a stack of quilts that need quilted. That's why I have such small numbers - I don't finish anything!

Stephanie D said...

Someone has a grandmother wrapped around one tiny finger!

Quilting is for Mason-less days, so no worrying over UFOs.