Sunday Stash Report

Sunday, November 29, 2009
Not very many weeks left, but that's OK! I busted a bit of fabric this week. I thought I had forgotten what a finish felt like. First, I finished a quilt using some of my FAVORITE brother in law Paul's mother's stash. I think I will name this quilt "Gingersnaps" because it has the cutest binding--it was a stripe I made on the bias so it winds along the edge like a barber pole.

You will recognize this quilt as Judy's pattern--Bears in the Farmhouse. Her's had quite a bit more for borders, but I was scraping the bottom when I was digging in Paul's mother's box for anything big enough to make borders. So I quit! I'd say this used about 6 yards, my sister bought the fleece on the back. Here is Paul with his quilt, now he has two and has to share with my sister! I like that Paul and Kathy can use the quilt and think of Paul's mother. More nostalgia!


And the other day I finished a "Happy Blocks" top, the only fabric I used of mine was the binding--so that used about 1/2 yd.

So now I am only -53.5 yds! But remember, I have at least three quilts ready to be finished, I may break even yet! Except for the bag of fabric I found yesterday (and can't for the life of me remember what it was for??!) I am happy with my purchases and what I've used. Wait, I almost forgot, I gifted some blocks from a swap--that used up at least another two yards. So now I'm -51.5 yds.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving--we ate, played cards, and had lots of fun! Tomorrow will be another day "for me"--I would like to string my Christmas lights, and load another quilt.

8 comments:

Scrappy-Quilter said...

wait you found a bag of fabric?? hmmm do you have a fabric fairy that leaves fabric for you ... lol ... I so enjoy your blog. Just love the Bears in the Farmhouse Quilt and the way you made it special. I did mine scrappy too and love how it came out.

Suzanne said...

You've been very busy! My quilt from the same pattern by Judy is still sitting in a pile!

Dianne B. said...

I love that sunshine-yellow sashing -- it's so cheerful! Your quilt came out great! Your BIL looks very pleased, too. :)

Nancy said...

Nice job on the Bears in the Farmhouse. You've captured a lot of memories and created new ones with this quilt.

SpinningStar said...

The quilt is great - mine is still at the top phase....maybe next year it will be quilted.

Liz

Sue H said...

Great Bears in the Farmhouse! It's always fun to see what others are working on.

Mary Johnson said...

What a great quilt -- I recognized it was a bear paw but not that it was from Judy's pattern.

I love quilts with lots of meaning like this one!

MightyMom said...

it's adorable!!