Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, February 20, 2012
I have Swoon blocks on my design wall----


I have six blocks done--that will make a quilt 80x80--I'm trying to decide if I should make 3 more for a bed size quilt.  

See the Arrowhead blocks lurking underneath?  They're sewn in short rows, I'm not taking them off the wall until they are a completed top.  

My goals have done fairly well this week.  I didn't work on the Plaid 4 Patch--but I've done a lot of sewing.  I made two Swoon blocks and the Blue/white Jacob's Ladder blocks are all set together.  

Weekly Goal--

Sew more Arrowhead blocks together

That will be my only goal this week.   Lots of other obligations and catchup chores to do.  

That Henrietta--she was torturing Ruby the Quilting Dog yesterday.


She's trying to turn her into a lap dog!   Ruby adores Henrietta--but after this she tried to ignore her--until Henrietta waved her favorite treat--Ruby loves Beggin' Strips.  





 

 

11 comments:

Sue Daurio said...

Love your swoon blocks and the layers on your design wall :) Can't wait to see the arrowhead quilt together, it's stunning.

Pattilou said...

Those swoon blocks are great! That arrowhead peeping beneath looks like a great one two! You are just really moving along!

Henrietta said...

Ruby was horrified! About the same reaction when I talk to her on the phone.

marcella said...

Both projects are looking great! Hope you do squeeze a little quilting in this week.

Pokey said...

Wow a double layer of creativity on your wall! Both will be beautiful, I've tried the Arrowhead blocks and they are fun, I'm sure tempted to try the Swoon! So glad you had the chance to see Henrietta, friends are the best!
:-}pokey

heather said...

I like those arrowhead blocks.

Poor puupy. So traumatized. Luckily treats make everything better.

Nancy said...

Amazing how fabric placement changes the Swoon blocks. They are all lovely.

Kathie said...

Love the layered design wall. I should do that instead of trying to take things off when I really don't want to.

Katie Z. said...

You're doing all kinds of great things! I can't wait to see more tops!

Lori said...

check check check

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Your swoon blocks are great. Ruby a lap dog huh? She looks a little ( tiny bit) bigger than that LOL