A Finish!

Saturday, February 18, 2012
I finished binding the Red and White Bricks and Stepping Stones.  This quilt will go to Alycia for her QOV's.  I'm going to estimate 11 yards used from stash. 




Bricks and Stepping Stones is my favorite "go to" pattern.  Thank you Bonnie!

I'm trying to cook a little, organize a little.  Yesterday I made "Famous Dave's chicken and wild rice soup".  I didn't have a jalapeno pepper--and it needed just that little bit of "zing".  But its still good.  A big pot of chili simmering in the crock pot--and 5 small loaves of banana bread are baked.  There is still some cooked chicken left, that will become chicken salad sandwich filling.  

Its a beautiful day outside, unusually warm for February but I'm not complaining!  




8 comments:

Nancy said...

What a wonderful Quilt of Valor! Nice job.

May I come over for supper? I like what you are having better than what I am fixing.

Tins and Treasures said...

Good evening, Lori,
Thanks for sharing the link to your recipe...I may try it this week!

Yes, the weather is beautiful here this winter!! Enjoy the rest of the weekend. ~Natalie

Needles, Fabric, Chisels, and Wood…Life is GOOD! said...

Wonderful quilt and terrific QOV. You do very nice work.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Great quilt. That's such a good scrap using pattern. I've set aside a bunch of blue bricks that will get used with red/white stepping stones for a QOV quilt.

Reading about all the good food you've been cooking makes me kinda hungry.

Tamera said...

Congrats on a finish! Looks great!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

hooray for a finish! What a wonderful QOV!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

hooray for a finish! What a wonderful QOV!

Mary Johnson said...

It looks great ... And will make a wonderful QOV.