Motivation Friday

Friday, February 10, 2012
I didn't post any goals but I've been sewing.  Checking my 2012 guidelines keeps me on track.  The blue and white Jacob's ladder blocks are sewn in rows and pressed.  Next will be sewing the rows together. 

I finished binding "Chains of Lurve (Love)"  from a book called "Relax and Quilt".  (yippee!!)  A few years ago it was a project of Henrietta's while she was in South Dakota.  

Chains of Lurve--70x82"

Trust me, there are a zillion pieces.  Odd sized little devils.  Henrietta pieced and pressed, I cut.  This is truly a quilt that proves if you cut ugly fabric small enough--it works!  I know there are guitars, pigs, tails without cats (I cut them off) bugs--just a wide assortment of scraps.   Lots of seams--I'll estimate 11 yards for the stash report. 

Baby Asher is home from the hospital (Tuesday) and we left for South Dakota shortly after that.  Laura Beth says he continues to do a bit better each day--but she now has RSV.  When you're a healthy adult--its just a cold. 

I've finally caught up on my blogs even though I haven't commented much.  Does that make me a "blog lurker"??




13 comments:

Vicky said...

That's an awesome quilt! You and your sewing pardner did good!

Nancy said...

So glad to hear that Asher is on the mend.

I love your quilt!

Kathie said...

Love that quilt, very pretty. You are right, no fabric cut small enough is ugly!!

lol

Mary-Kay said...

That's a great quilt. I love the scrappiness of it. Poor little Asher. What was he in hospital for? I read in an earlier post that he has dairy and soy issues. Both my boys had dairy, chocolate, egg and nut issues al their lives and they are fine. my younger one, he's 18, can tolerate one dairy product a day while the older one, he's 26, can't eat any of the things that cause him grief as an infant. But he can eat steak like it's going out of style. He's a cook in a syeakhouse and he brings home the best steak I've ever had. Anywya, they both survived but there was and still is a lot of label reading in the stores and usually homemade by mom is the safest food around. I could never trust stuff that was made by someone else. They always put butter or milk in the mashed potatoes or rice krispie squares. There is dairy in so many things and the manufacturers call it something else. Good luck with the family.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Chains of Lurve is a great quilt. Love the scrappiness. (is that a word?) Glad to hear Asher is on the mend and you're more or less back to your regular routine. Is "lurker" the same as "stalker"? I've seen it called that on Facebook. Right now it's great weather out for both lurking and sewing.

Elaine Adair said...

I LOVE it!!!

pdudgeon said...

definitely love that quilt! boy that's a lot of cutting and sewing all bound up in there. the thread alone must weigh a pound.
A job very well done indeed!

Needles, Fabric, Chisels, and Wood…Life is GOOD! said...

Lurk away! Some weeks are just like that.

Henrietta said...

We used fabrics from a fabric sales reps sample folder book, plus lot of scraps that would have been thrown away.

Mary Johnson said...

Glad the baby is better and home!

Gorgeous quilt. You guys make a good team.

Frog Quilter said...

Love your scrappy quilt.

Quiltsmiles said...

Love that Quilt! Scrap quilts are sometimes just the best IMHO that is. lol.
Jane

Susan said...

Looks great! Glad to hear Asher is home.

I really hate this new two word thing I have to type in on some blogs. I have a hard time seeing the one with the black behind it and discriminating what the letters are. =P