More Sunday Stuff

Monday, November 24, 2008
Stephanie asked me if I really had a bed big enough for the Chunky Churn Dash. Hmm--thought I did?~! So I took the OTHER quilts off the bed, threw the pillows off, and put the new quilt on. Don't ask what else I had to move or what I had to stand on to get the picture. But it is big enough that one row of blocks is on the end and each side along with the border, just covering the top of the dust ruffle. Yes, it's still at least 18" from the floor.















And tonight I made both cherry and cream cheese kolaches. Even though I gave away three plates of them, I still have over 40 left. All the credit goes to katie z!! I also made one cherry kuchen and 2 cottage cheese kuchen. Tomorrow will be errands and sewing, as I didn't get anything like that done today!

9 comments:

Tins and Treasures said...

This looks amazing! I'd love to try a quilt...maybe when I retire. Yes, I wish you could have come to Winterfest. Beautiful items there and I'd love to meet a blogging friend.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I love your chunjy churndash... its looks wonderful!!

Stephanie D said...

Oh, it looks so nice on the bed! Very pretty!

kate said...

All this talk of kolaches is KILLING me! Haven't made any for several years! Too bad you can't email one :D

pdudgeon said...

it's always nice to finishe a quilt and put it on the bed for the first time. Congratulations on a beautiful finish!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

It's beautiful! WOW!
Regina

Mary said...

Love it! You have a very happy bed!

Mary Johnson said...

I like a good size overhang...neither of my king size quilts are quite big enough since we got our new mattress and box spring...one of these days I need to make a bigger quilt.

JuJu said...

Only I will ask .... Lori WHAT are you standing ON?????? Ken's shoulders? LOLOLOL Oh yes, the quilt is a beauty!!