Sunday Stash Report

Sunday, November 23, 2008
I finished the chunky churn dash quilt and that used a whopping 23 yards of fabric! And thread. Good grief, I used every bit of blue I had left on the cone when I was binding it, and had to find another blue to finish. It is a KING size, and I mean a big king size!



The rod it's hanging on is 12 foot long. It's scrappy and I love it. And I also finished binding the pink isolette cover, that used about 5 yards.



In between I made three blocks for a block lottery, used about 1/2 yard. Pray I don't win them, or I'll have to add them to my stash! And I made Ken his blue bag, that used about 3/4 yard. So that makes 29 1/4 yards used this week. BUT--I bought 11 yards for backing, so it wasn't all good! That means I used 18 1/4 yards more than I bought THIS week. I'm going to have to hustle to make 100 yards by the end of the year.

This weekend I will be making pillowcases with the Heartstrings Project, that will use some yardage!! I am looking forward to some easy sewing. I'm also making some more kolaches today, someone mentioned cream cheese ones (Katie--you're to blame!!) and Ken loves cherry ones.

11 comments:

Vicki W said...

The churn dash quilt looks great!

pdudgeon said...

I've never seen a chunky churn dash before, but i like it!

that's a lot of fabric out of your stash this week. Go, girl, go!

JuJu said...

Oh Please can I come live at your house? LOLOL You bake all sorts of goodies and make such beautiful quilts!!!!

Ann said...

I like to make lottery blocks, but don't actually want to win them, either. I've started putting a friend's name on the ticket.

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

What a fantastic stash report! Way to go.....and you ended up with an awesome quilt! Congrats!

Randi said...

That's a great finish! Woohoo! You had a good week!

Katie Z. said...

You like to blame me for all kinds of things! I'll just consider it you giving me credit, not blame. (Hehehe!) But, yummy, cream cheese kolaches will be in my future soon. I'm impressed with your busts. I'm not sure I will get anything more finished before the end of the year, and a quilt shop is having an "end of bolt" sale - 40% off if you buy all that's on the bolt. It could be dangerous!

Stephanie D said...

Do you actually have a bed long enough to fit the quilts? lol

MightyMom said...

oh it's fabulous!! huge and fabulous.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

The chunky churndash is awesome! 23yards! no wonder you used so much thread quilting it!

No doubt that you will reach your 100 yard stash goal!

The kolaches look yummy :)

Maureen said...

Lori,

I love that Blue - it really makes the quilt sizzle - and the rod is just terrific for hanging quilts. I am going to have to get my husband to make me one!

By the way, I have been unable to send you the Walker Bag Pattern. It keeps getting bounced. Could you post another comment to my blog or send me a note.

Thanks, Maureen
www.ciemianquilts.wordpress.com