Saturday Aches and Pains

Sunday, November 2, 2008
We worked hard today but we're done harvesting. I thought maybe I would squeak by and not have to do too much, but I was wrong. First set of loads Ken was hauling--he had a flat. Well, we had spares along so his dad took them to where he was waiting, and I had to climb into "Annie" and head in with the next set of loads. We have to keep ahead of the man doing the combining.
Annie is "my" red tractor in the picture. She's pretty good sized. Usually only used to do tillage in the fields, but when you need her, she comes through! So I spent the whole day driving back and forth from the field to wherever Ken was on the road with another tractor and set of wagons--we would switch back and forth. Its a tight fit with Annie to unload at the grain elevator, so I avoid that job and let Ken do it. teehee!

But I did work on my goals last night, tomorrow I will take pictures to show you!

The aches and pains--well, I fell down three times today. Twice got my foot tangled in the cornstalks, and once I slipped on Annie's bottom step and fell onto the big tire--my shoulder and arm sure are sore tonight!




4 comments:

MightyMom said...

ibuprofen and a hot bath for you sister!!

my boy is soooo big!!

we went to a carnival with shetland ponies to ride. Mr Sonshine said "I wanna ride the horsey" I said okay. Do you know that boy put his foot in the stirrup and grabbed the horn to mount like he knew what he was doing?? I was so impressed! :-) the whole time he rode that foot stayed in the stirrup too....next chance we have to ride a horsey we'll work on getting the OTHER foot in too haha.

I'll be posting pics soon.

Tins and Treasures said...

Oh...Honey, I am so proud of you! I grew up on a farm and drove the tractor and grain truck...about 35 years ago...not sure I could do it anymore.
But we had great weather in South Dakota yesterday, didn't we?!

JuJu said...

Oh the joys of being a farm wife ... right? I hope you are able to move today!!! My sis Connie can relate to the tractor driving! Connie has to be helped up to the ladder to get in, too short to reach the first step! Take care and Ken should give you a massage!!

Stephanie D said...

All that and you still did some sewing? Whew!

Whatever you've got, you should bottle it! Want me to pass the Ibuprofen?