Saturday Sewing

Saturday, November 15, 2008
I made it to Saturday and I'm busy sewing. Earlier this week Mason and I sewed the 4 patches together. In one long string. That is 352 4 patches in one long string. Ugh, now I have to press them!

After pressing SOME of the 4 patches I laid everything out in my queendom.






Then I counted out 112 bricks. Um, that little pile in the front of the box is 112 bricks. My box still has LOTS of bricks in it.



Next I sewed them together.
Okay, ready to press again. Think it's time for a break! And I did all that in two cups of coffee's time.

The bricks and stepping stones pattern is a great "take along" project. I've made several of them, and it's so easy. And with 352 4 patches I have enough 4 patches made for 3 tops.

5 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Great job and only two (?!) cups of coffee!

Glad you are finding the time to sew some while at LB's.

JuJu said...

Wonderful and only 2 cups of coffee, hmm what would you have done after drinking a POT of coffee?

Stephanie D said...

Just how big were those cups?

And how many did Mason drink?

MightyMom said...

Mason must've helped!

Mary Johnson said...

I've got a quilt to make using a similar design, 4 patches and rectangles but it's not Bonnie's pattern. VickiW and I saw it in a quilt shop in VA and they were out of the pattern - we decided with something that simple we didn't need one. Vicki had her top done and quilted it last week....I haven't even started mine.