Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, March 12, 2012
The Plaid 4 Patch from Nickel Quilts is back up on the wall.  Henrietta helped me put it up yesterday, it's a lot easier with four hands.  


This is most of it.  Its bigger than my design wall which is 8 ft X 8 ft.   All from stash.

Weekly Goals--
  1. Sew "countries" on Plaid 4 Patch
  2. Finish Swoon into a top
  3. Load a quilt on the Princess
  4. Pick a UFO to move one more step
  5. Fold/organize a fabric cube
  6. Work on borders for the blue/white Jacob's Ladder
Those will give me plenty to choose from this week.  Tomorrow is a road trip.  Henrietta and I plan to sew with the Orchard Nebraska ladies tomorrow night.  They are such a fun group!

This week Henrietta and I will have some finishes.  BQ2 is done, and I'm almost done binding Baby Yang.

The weather is supposed to be warm this week--in the 70'sF.   I'll enjoy it while I can, I remember the blizzard last year in April.   I've had no urges to work in the flower beds or the garden.  

I think finishing Swoon will be my favorite project for this week.  What do you have planned for this week?  Something quilty?  

Last week I "rendered lard".  Does anyone remember what that is?  I use my lard for pie crust and a few other recipes.  I remember "before Crisco" when all recipes used lard.  It stirred up a lot of memories. 



  

13 comments:

marcella said...

Such a cute quilt! That is a lot of scraps you must have used to make that top. Have fun this week with all your quilting. Love it when I can get my hands on good lard; it makes the best pie crust! How cool to have rendered your own.

straythreads said...

love the scrappy look and colors.
Ann

Sara said...

My plans are work, work, work. But I hope to get about 30 minutes of sewing in each evening. Your scrappy quilt is so pretty.

Jay in Nebraska said...

I still remember how to render lard. Though most people my age, probably don't know what lard is. I really like that quilt in progress. You and Henrietta should come and join us in Fremont one Tuesday night too....Always a fun group.

Henrietta said...

Although the Lard was fresh and Lori rendered outside the smell of it made me nauseous. That is something I will never do!

Mary Johnson said...

Sounds like fun! I'm missing our NE sew-in this year.

carol fun said...

Love the plaid quilt - can you share the name of this pattern? My son's favorite color is "plaid" - yeah, I know "plaid" isn't a color, but he's a lawyer and I can't out argue him - LOL! I remember my grandmother rendering lard. There was always a lidded glass container in her fridge with lard. She made the best chicken & dumplings with it -

Elaine Adair said...

Wow! Love it, but cannot figure out what is what. ??? It's going to be one great quilt!

Brenda said...

I am sewing with friends tomorrow, going to a trunk show of a quilter I don't know on Wednesday night with friends (they don't know who this woman is either!! should be fun!!) and Thursday, I am taking a quilt top in to be quilted.
And I am resisting the urge to start something... but I don't know how I am doing!!!

these are my plans and I love reading yours!!
I think you (and I!!) need bigger design walls!!! hmmm should put that on my list to!! might keep me away from starting that quilt!!!

Heather said...

That's going to be one gorgeous scrappy quilt. I love it! :)

Nancy said...

Lard makes the best pie crust, but don't tell my cardiologist that I said that. ;oD

swooze said...

Oooh I like!

Kathie said...

Thats a 4 patch? Sure doesn't look like it, very cute.