Sunday Stash Report

Sunday, March 25, 2012
Its been a great week.  But, let's get the numbers out of the way!   Henrietta and I shopped WITH A COUPON and it was fun!   I added to the stash---32 yards.  Before you faint--I figured what the cost per yard damage came to--$3.16.  Not bad for quality fabric.  Most of it was backing, background, and borders. 

In This Week--32 yards
In Year to Date--77 yards
Used This Week--ZERO
Used Year to Date--50.75 yards
Stash is ahead--25.25 yards
Here is a picture of my purchases--

Does it look like 32 yards?
I've spent the week preparing tops to quilt.  Seaming backings.  PRESSING!   I'm satisfied with my stash report and my week's work.   Henrietta has been watching my progress.  I can hear her thinking "Enough already--quilt something!!"  

I did a little baking this week--I had promised Ken pies.  Here they are--

Apple and Peach
One apple, one peach.   Bad night lighting--but we weren't going to wait until the next day to sample them!

And while I'm thinking of sweet things--we had supper with a special gentleman friend--

Ric outside of Cracker Barrel
Ric has been my neighbor in the summer while volunteering.  I've MISSED Ric!  Henrietta and I had a great time visiting with him.  He's much sweeter than my pies!

And then there is my husband--doing what he does best--

Ken napping with the remote
Napping with the remote in his hand!

I hope you're had a great week--today the weather forecast is another beautiful day.  Check out everyone's Stash Report on Judy's blog!  


13 comments:

Kate said...

Smart shopping. With current prices, it's hard not to take advantage of coupons and sales.

Cheryl said...

Nice assortment of fabric....although I'd rather have the pies!

Nancy said...

Coupons are wonderful when you can find just the right thing(s) to purchase with them. I think you did well.

I need to take time and visit some friends I haven't seen in a while. Thanks for the reminder.

Kristen King said...

So glad someone else found a deal on fabric this week..I found two, and they came in at the same price range you were in...have to purchase when the prices are low! :)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Mmmm Yummy fabrics and Pie!! You can NOT beat that!! That's a great price too!

QuiltinLibraryLady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
QuiltinLibraryLady said...

OK, Blogger didn't like my comment so I'll try again.

Good job buying fabric. Why can't I ever find deals like that around here?? It's been a long time since I bought that much fabric all at the same time...think it was at Alco when they still sold fabric. On sale for $2.99. Those days are gone. Now any time I buy a significant amount it's usually from thousandsofbolts.com. I DID get that good deal on eBay....

Mary-Kay said...

That was a great deal! Too bad all fabric purchases weren't. The pies look real tasty and I'm not even a pie buff. And isn't that the way all men watch tv?

Quiltsmiles said...

Great prices and nice finds! Had to laugh at your husband's territorial clench, mine does the same and it definitely is a guy thing! Jane

Pokey said...

Yum for the pies, and good visiting the campground friend. The remote napper? Yep, I bet there is not one of us wives that hasn't seen that before...is that called "power napping", lol?
:-}pokey

Dar said...

I can smell the pies all the way to my house. They look wonderful and make me want some. Good deal on the fabric. No it doesn't look like 32 yds.

Vic in NH said...

What a great deal; you should be proud of being so thrifty with such nice choices!

Katie Z. said...

Coupons are such lovely things!