Motivation Saturday

Saturday, March 31, 2012
Yesterday didn't happen--I'm not sure if it was the beginning of a cold or bad allergies.  But I'm up and running today!

Checking on the goals---
  1. Quilt Blue Urban Cabin--done
  2. Load another top--loaded Blue 25 in 25
  3. Sew more countries on Plaid 4 Patch--yes, a few more done
  4. Make two bindings--not yet
Blue 25 in 25 and 100 Birds in Air blocks
I have 100 Birds in Air blocks to the trimming/squaring stage.   I've added a border to the Green Urban Cabin, and seamed backing for Henrietta's Brown Urban Cabin.   Lots of sewing being done.

Tomorrow I want to work outside in the flower beds and garden.  I need some compost (horse manure) and I hope Ken will haul me a couple of big loader buckets full in from the farm.

I did buy another treasure at the auction---a set of embroidered pillowcases with crocheted edging.  They are in great shape and I love the water lilies.

Water Lily Pillowcases


I hope you're having a good week too! 


4 comments:

Pokey said...

Good motivating, Lori! I sure like your blue checkerboard ~
:-}pokey

Nancy said...

I love using vintage pillowcases. They add a personal and soft touch to the bed.

Keep working on those goals!

My yard has been cleaned is ready for Spring to arrive.

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning, Lori,
I love the pillowcases...makes me think of my grandma.

Sounds like you have been busy outside. Yes, is is crazy weather we are having, isn't it?!

Have a terrific Tuesday. ~Natalie

jane nj/wi said...

i am in love with the blue quilt!

jane