Thursday--I'm leaving with the royal jewels!

Thursday, January 14, 2010
Found lots of "royal jewels" I'm taking with me as I end my reign.  I decided
to"lift" the sapphires, they are SO pretty!














I have finished my blue bricks stepping stones.  I haven't any particular plans for this quilt, at the moment it's on our bed and my husband's first question was--"can I lay on this or is it for someone??" 







My reign has been fun, but it's time for someone else to be Queen.  Have fun picking your crown, scepter, jewels--and the gowns.  Just don't try to deliver papers in the gowns, they DO drag in all the snow, and are very hard to fit inside a 4 wheel drive!   And of course I need to include a picture of the finished quilt--


Tomorrow we are heading to Sioux Falls, we need to have a little warranty work done on our car (nothing major--I can't adjust the steering wheel or figure out the remote starter!) and will have it serviced and also plan a little "retail therapy".  I HAVE COUPONS!!!!  I doubt I will find the bargains Jay did, but I need a dark to go with my Japanese Royalty fabric.  And another package of batting using a coupon would be good!  So goodbye all my loyal subjects---and cheer on the new queen!  Long live the queen!  



11 comments:

Stephanie D said...

That looks lovely on the bed! Nice going!

I don't blame you for lifting the sapphires. A girl needs some souvenir of her reign, no matter how brief!

Tamera said...

The quilt is WONDERFUL!

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN! :-)

Lynn E said...

Ooooo pretties. Lots of blue pretties. All Hail Lori!!!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Glad you made it through the paper route AND being the "Queen". Enjoy the shopping trip. I love the sapphires too!

Donna said...

The quilt is beautiful. Looks like you'll have some stash busted this week!

Brenda said...

Oh please!! We all know you have that gown hidden in the back of your closet and the jewels in the loose floorboard, left there for safety... and it's also your little secret...... that gown and crown will be put on when you are alone, so nobody will know.....

Love that quilt!! Keep it for you!!!! It suits the bed and hubby want to use it, so, make it yours!!!
enjoy your Thursday!!!

JuJu said...

Love Ken's commet on the beautiful quilt! I've enjoyed your reign as Queen!! Your jewels are outrageous!

MightyMom said...

you lift the sapphires...but give me all the emeralds!


:-)


love the quilt. it turned out really nice

Flicsha said...

My what a pretty quilt! My kind of colors! Flicsha

Laura said...

Very pretty! That is such a great pattern that Bonnie came up with.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Ohhh, I love it all in 1 colorway! Your husbands comment is very funny - the husband of a quilter just never knows! If it were mine I think I would name it Blue Winter - blue seems better than Gray. 1 day of sun since 12/31. Cheers! Evelyn