Wednesday Wanderings

Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Just a post so you don't think I've fallen off somewhere!  I'm working on this weeks goals.   Yes, I quilted another top.



And I've been working on my baby D9P blocks.  Now I understand WHY you don't cut the squares too small.  These got a bit fiddly, but I think the pattern shows.




And remember when I challenged you to "get out of your rut"?   I picked a fabric I probably would NEVER choose.  



It's a peachy pink coral--not a color I would EVER choose.  And the coordinating fabric is brown and gold with the coral in it.  Not a speck of green!  It will go on the back and maybe a bit of a border.  The pattern has odd sizes, I HATE to cut odd sizes--



I need to focus on this weeks goals, I would LOVE to start my challenge projects, but I need to finish some projects first.  What are you doing this week??


 

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Oooooh, I love the corals that you selected. They are going to make a gorgeous quilt. I love the baby quilt, too! You've been very busy.

pdudgeon said...

me too, i love it all!

Mary-Kay said...

I like the baby quilt. and this week is a lazy quilting week. I've hand-sewn the binding on a quilt and stalled after that. I have another to quilt but I need to make one of those picture thingies for my friend's aunt. maybe tomorrow I'll get it done.

Stephanie D said...

Just biding my time til the weekend....

MightyMom said...

oh my...well, that fabric and pattern aren't ones I'd ever do either....have fun!

Jackie Russell said...

Beautiful quilts. I really need to make a D9P quilt.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I really like the DNP's - the top one looks like blocks are floating! Very nice.

SpinningStar said...

I did a D9P using 2.5" blocks that wre in my stash - I agree that it gets very wonky, but since I was using hand-dyed fabrics, it did have a neat look.

Liz

Lynn Dykstra said...

Try to redraft with sizes that aren't so awful?
LOVE the brown/pink fabric.