Wednesday Royal Thoughts

Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Delivered the Royal News early this AM. I can't BELIEVE all the people who are up doing things! I came home and took a nap. Not much to eat here, and I'm afraid the "other royalty" that reside in this house are going to revolt. So I baked bars--


Then I baked cake layers--one for Dad and Sharon and one for us--

I also baked a loaf of homemade cinnamon raisin bread for one of Ken's co-workers--but forgot to take a picture of that before it went out the door! They have a new baby, so every little bit you don't have to do yourself is good. And then because the royal queen was so tired from this, a pizza was ordered. I am almost half way round sewing the binding down on my UFO quilt. So get ready Lady's in Waiting!


A new crown was dusted off for tomorrow.






And a new gown.






10 comments:

Henrietta said...

What a lovely gown!

Brenda said...

I knew royalty was just like us normal folks!!!

I am having fun reading what you are doing - did you do all that baking in that gown??? Go Girl!!!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Ohhh, the royal dessert looks yummy!

Gee, what are you going to do when you're pass on the crown?!?!

Quiltsmiles said...

Lori,
You are a hoot uh hum.. I mean your highness you are eloquent beyond words. Loving your reign, may you live long and prosper.

Jane

Lynn E said...

Your Royal Highness, excuse me but I don't want to eat cake. Could you send some loyal peons to bind my quilts instead???

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

You seem to be enjoying your *reign* as the Queen! lovely crown and gown combination for today :)

Mary-Kay said...

Was it difficult delivering the royal news in that long gown? How did you manage the snow drifts? Oh , sorry, we're not supposed to question royalty!LOL

karen said...

Hi Lori, I have loved visiting your blog and having you regain over us. Karen from Ballarat who is about to "frock up" into Victorian period costume to volunteer at Sovereign Hill Museum today in no snow

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

You're having fun being Queen, aren't you?

A-Squared said...

Those bars look pretty tasty! Would you share the recipe?