Deck started but no sewing

Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Today the carpenter's started my deck. I want a pergola above it, and they will have to draw the plans up themselves for that, so materials are not here for that.

The peonies are in full bloom, this is the first year they are loaded with blossoms, I think it just took them a while to be established and LIKE where I planted them. There are also columbines everywhere, they are so prolific if I don't sometimes cut them back they try to take over. Finally there are some Lathyrus Latifolius in several places, these are also old fashioned perennials, they are also called perennial sweet peas.

I haven't been able to sew, if I run the Princess, I am on the same circuit breaker as the carpenters. But I'm glad the deck is being worked on!



5 comments:

JuJu said...

Lori, I can see you and Ken sitting on that new deck enjoying the evening air!!! Your chair is sitting there waiting for you!! LOLO Beautiful flowers too!
Julia

Stephanie D said...

Oh, that's going to be so nice when it's done! And I love the flowers--none of which I am fortunate enough to have in my yard.

Jeanne said...

I love your peonies! Mine had just opened when the storms blew them around. It was a short display this year.

SueR said...

Your new deck is looking very nice. I had just got done posting about the peonies blooming in my own yard, then I read yours with the same thing! Gorgeous color!

Henrietta said...

Oh my!
Are you going to stain the deck or paint it, or leave it to silver naturally?