Motivation Friday

Friday, January 28, 2011
Quilting is slow when you do applique.  But, I AM enjoying it!  I finished Block #3 of BTCT.  I redrew the "fingers" at the base of the pineapples.  Mine have five, the original quilt had seven.  


Block #4 is almost done, and I've started #5.  A couple more Two Lips blocks done.  Henrietta is sending me some pastel pieces for more Two Lips blocks because my stash has very little pastel fabric.  

I need to work on some UFO's.  Found a pile of OLD log cabin blocks I want to lay out and pick a setting.   There is a large pile of 9 patch blocks.  Q is for Quilter Martha added snowball blocks and the 9 patches look like stars.  The Farmer's Daughter block uses 9 patches as a center and adds the star "points".  I love my 9 patches and either of these two settings would work.  I have a soft brown for the points, my 9 patches are scrappy and one fabric/color for points would help pull them together.  Finished and done is better than a perfectly planned UFO.  This should be my mantra! 

I REALLY wanted to start a new project I saw.  I printed the pattern out and even had the color picked.  I've been thinking--do I enjoy starting projects, or do I just enjoy cutting them out?  Hmmmm........





PS--the weather is much warmer at the moment--47F--and bright sunshine.   

8 comments:

Tamera said...

The weather is so great here, too. Not 47°, though, lol. About 35°.

I guess or January thaw is about over, though. It was fun while it lasted!

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Hey, it's only 42 here. No fair! I live SOUTH of you, it should be warmer here. :-)

Good job getting those UFOs worked on. I'm tryin' but it's slow.

Nancy said...

Wow, I'd take 47 degrees! Perhaps, the ice that coats my street would be reduced to puddles.

I love your new block. Nice Job!

Tins and Treasures said...

Good evening,
I know...can't believe it was 40 degrees here today. But ot for long, supposed to get cold again. I love your little pineapples.

Have a fabulous weekend. ~Natalie

Henrietta said...

The pineapple fabric is perfect!

MightyMom said...

adorable pineapples!! 7 fingers?? geez louise!

I hate to cut out...maybe you should cut out and I should assemble? ;-)

Stitches said...

Love this picture, I had to do a double take, when I first looked at it, I thought the green had beads on it. What quilt pattern is that you are making? Would like to see more of it. Very nice blog too!

Stephanie D said...

Hey, you spelled out the A-word! You really are enjoying yourself, aren't you? lol