New Year, New Stash Report

Sunday, January 2, 2011
A fresh start!  Nothing bought or finished in the new year.  So my totals are big fat 0's!!

I wanted a post asking you to estimate how much fabric was in your stash.  Henrietta started to think about, hyperventilated, and said NO WAY!!  Hey, I was willing to guess how much was in mine!  But I don't want to stress anyone out, so we won't go there.

Since I've been playing with *A* blocks, I needed to make some bias tape.  No bias tape maker that size.  Somewhere on the internet I had seen this handy little trick----

Yes, it's just a piece of paper with two T pins.  Underneath I have drawn lines vertically the width I wanted my bias tape.  (3/8")  Inserted the T pins so that the strips could run underneath the pins.  The corners are anchored to my ironing board with more T pins.  I just slipped the strips through, ironing them as I went.  Simple and cheap! 




11 comments:

Sue H said...

oooh, I love simple, cheap solutions like this! Thanks, Lori.

Charlene S said...

I like the tip. I also do it with safety pins on my ironing board. One set on one end and another about an iron's length away.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Slick.

I don't have any idea how many yards are in my stash. Some to think of it....I don't really care. LOL

Who do you suppose makes the fabric for ironing board covers?

Tamera said...

I couldn't even begin to estimate how much is in my stash...scary thought, lol.

SpinningStar said...

I started estimating last year, based on what one yard of fabroc looked like folded. I stopped... I really didn't want to know!

Liz

SpinningStar said...

I started estimating last year, based on what one yard of fabroc looked like folded. I stopped... I really didn't want to know!

Liz

Alycia said...

I have NO idea how much, but it is enough to make a few quilts LOL

Kathie said...

I don't think I could even make a guess on how much fabric I have.

pdudgeon said...

yards in my stash? probably somewhere between 600-700 yards.
sounds like a lot, but it will only take about 2-3 years worth of
sewing to whittle that down to next to nothing. there is a light at the end somewhere, if i can just get the fabric out of the way to se it! LOL

Henrietta said...

I am still hyperventilating. Not sure why because unless it is a 'special' quilt, wedding or grandchild for example, I shop my stash. GUILT

Marilyn W said...

You are my HERO! I love this idea...(not the one about the stash count) but the bias tape maker is way cool...will print this pic to hang by my ironing board.

Marilyn